Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi fatpants i had started to wonder what had happend to you and where you had gone.. this forum does get addictive especially when your waiting to get your band, welcome back x

Hi everyone, I know the feeling of being a thread addict, it acts like a type of safety net for me, where if things go pear shaped I can get remotivated and feel that everyone cares about what the other team members are going through, so thanks everyone.

Its great posting on weekend to give weight progress, but I know I wont be showing a loss every week and may like you big sister have the occasional gain, but its the overall that will matter in the longer term, so thanks for being brave and saying about your gain.

WHERE IS GILLIAN i miss her wit and banter, please big sis sort her out and send her straight back here ASAP.

Now for the moan, why is it that I'm only 1 week post op but can eat anything, there is nothing that makes me feel uncomfortable, my appetite is normal, and my intake has gone back to normal, I did'nt expect to feel restriction until after my fills, but if I had'nt seen the band on the xray, i could make myself believe that they must have forgotten to put one in. Did anyone else feel like this

Edited by mmm

You're very welcome Shoes, my op is actually on Thursday 26th Feb. We are driving down to Southampton on the 25th, having anice, last meal out and hopefully in bed for 10:30 as I have to be in the Spire for 6:30am.

Good luck to all you sweeties xxx

Hi Freckles its been a long road for you wishing you all the very best of Irish for your op, i will be thinking about you on Thursday look forward to hearing from you when you get back safe journey by the way enjoy your last supper lol :)

I think about the Op every day too its always in my mind lol

Its more of a reality,,,,, now that Ive paid the deposit......

I know exactly how you guys are feeling (shoes,Fatpants)

All the best freckles not long nooooooooow.

Edited by Can't-Weight

Hi everyone, I know the feeling of being a thread addict, it acts like a type of safety net for me, where if things go pear shaped I can get remotivated and feel that everyone cares about what the other team members are going through, so thanks everyone.

Its great posting on weekend to give weight progress, but I know I wont be showing a loss every week and may like you big sister have the occasional gain, but its the overall that will matter in the longer term, so thanks for being brave and saying about your gain.

WHERE IS GILLIAN i miss her wit and banter, please big sis sort her out and send her straight back here ASAP.

Now for the moan, why is it that I'm only 1 week post op but can eat anything, there is nothing that makes me feel uncomfortable, my appetite is normal, and my intake has gone back to normal, I did'nt expect to feel restriction until after my fills, but if I had'nt seen the band on the xray, i could make myself believe that they must have forgotten to put one in. Did anyone else feel like this

Hi MMM, I think the reason that you can eat so much after only a week is that you've healed inside really really quick. It usually takes a few weeks for the swelling to go down on the inside, which is what restricts you to start with. Frederick said that having a fill causes the same sort of restriction, and thats why you have to go on liquids for a few days afterwards, to let the irritation calm down. I'm sure that once you start having your fills, things will improve! I know thats no consolation to you at the moment, but stick with it, things will improve!! All the best, Kath.x:thumbup:

I think about the Op every day too its always in my mind lol

Its more of a reality,,,,, now that Ive paid the deposit also

I know exactly how you guys are feeling (shoes,Fatpants)

All the best freckles not long nooooooooow.

Hi Cant- Weight, Very welcome to this site its fab the guy's here are great, after Freckles i think im next then Fat-pants and yourself,will all be posting our progress soon, the count down is on for us all happy days :)

Edited by shoes

Hi everyone!

THANK YOU ALL! FOR YOUR RESPONSES TO MY POST!

I now understand why this site is an addiction, everyone on it understands, the people around us just don't get it! I feel I can't talk to my friends and family because they just don't understand!

After I booked my op with Frederik, I told my husband I would just go alone, I told him I felt I just needed to do this myself. I really felt that:

a) it would be easier, not having to arrange baby sitters for 5 kids, someone to B&B sit so we don't lose business.

:) I thought my husband would just do the B&B, this way we are not losing business.

c) My poor husband won't be alone, hanging about waiting while I'm in hospital and then doing the same while I'm resting after the op in the hotel room.

d) I also thought it was selfish of me to expect my husband to come with me, thus spending lots more money, my flights cost £300, so that would be the same again for him, plus I just booked the hotel room for the two nights I need it so we would need the room for the night I'm in hospital and all his meals, anyway I just thought it would save money and favours if I went myself!

Anyway it transpires he doesn't intend doing B&B, he's just going to clase for the time I'm away. So, I said that he may as well come with me in that case and I explained why I said I would go by myself.

His response was that he felt I had cut him out, and that he would think about it,,,weather or not he'll come with me! I think he would rather spend the money on his bike!

Well it's Sunday morning and I've got kids moaning at me, one child returning from a sleepover at 11, one twin going to a party at 12, another child got a friend coming round at 1, a friends kids being dropped off at 12, I told the other twin I would do something special with her (so she doesn't feel left out of the party), and to top it all my husbands walking about with a crooked back!!!!!

Have a nice Sunday!

Hi Bigsister, thats great 4ibs a lot well done,hope you don't mind me asking how long are you banded have you lost much weight,

im doing ok on pr op diet,Frederick e-mailed me about hotel he booked, its Campanile did you stay there i think most peeps have stayed there he also arranged taxi so feel its really happening now just hope it comes around quickly:w00t:

Hi Shoes, I had my surgery the same day as wishfull and my sister (user gillian) which is 5 weeks ago now. I have lost 1 stone 4 lbs now since the band was fitted. Others have lost more than this in a shorter time I know, but as I had 3 and a half stones to lose before I was in the normal weight range for my height, I am quite satisfied with how its gone so far.

We all stayed at the Campanile too, its a perfectly good hotel, nothing fancy but very clean and I found the beds comfortable too which is a bonus.

I wasn't too strict with myself on the pre op diet, I didn't eat that much fat anyway before, so I just made some lower fat/healthier choices during the 2 weeks. But if you feel like treating yourself a bit, I would say don't deny yourself, just don't go mad!

Know what fatpants means about becoming obsessed with the forum, you start to feel you have to keep up to date and not have pages of posts to catch up on. It is understandable when you are making your decision, leading up to the surgery itself and just after as you want as much info and tips as you can get but I am going to make a conscious effort to not be on here all the time - fatpants has shamed me into admitting I've not got a life, so I'm going to go out and get me one - anyone know where I can get one? Do they do them at Marks & Spencer (need a taste the difference life)?!

Hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend, I am going to go out for a long walk this afternoon - see I can do other things! Take care everyone, bigsister x

Hi mmm. Since when has a younger sister taken notice of her elder one?! Both gillian and myself had been saying ourselves that we felt we were spending too much time on forum now and should perhaps limit the time we are spending on here so that's probably why she hasn't posted much lately, it does become a bit of a full time job when you become obsessed so understand what fatpants has been saying. I will tell her you have made a special request though. I think she also felt she hadn't had a band put in shortly after surgery - she was describing the same experience you have been feeling and shovelling all sorts in - only in the interests of 'research' you understand! The only thing she appears to have any sort of problem with is bread and potatoes. Will let her know you've been missing her, I will be seeing her tonight, we are having our 'Saturday curry night' on Sunday instead this week. Take care, bigsister x

Hi Shoes, I had my surgery the same day as wishfull and my sister (user gillian) which is 5 weeks ago now. I have lost 1 stone 4 lbs now since the band was fitted. Others have lost more than this in a shorter time I know, but as I had 3 and a half stones to lose before I was in the normal weight range for my height, I am quite satisfied with how its gone so far.

We all stayed at the Campanile too, its a perfectly good hotel, nothing fancy but very clean and I found the beds comfortable too which is a bonus.

I wasn't too strict with myself on the pre op diet, I didn't eat that much fat anyway before, so I just made some lower fat/healthier choices during the 2 weeks. But if you feel like treating yourself a bit, I would say don't deny yourself, just don't go mad!

Know what fatpants means about becoming obsessed with the forum, you start to feel you have to keep up to date and not have pages of posts to catch up on. It is understandable when you are making your decision, leading up to the surgery itself and just after as you want as much info and tips as you can get but I am going to make a conscious effort to not be on here all the time - fatpants has shamed me into admitting I've not got a life, so I'm going to go out and get me one - anyone know where I can get one? Do they do them at Marks & Spencer (need a taste the difference life)?!

Hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend, I am going to go out for a long walk this afternoon - see I can do other things! Take care everyone, bigsister x

Hi Bigsister, thats very good weight loss in five weeks if i loss that much i be very happy plus you lost weight before surgery well done,im doing ok but about ten last night had a craving for chocolate whats new but i settled for low low cheese and cracker bread and some grapes,don't give up posting Bigsister and Gillian please!!! its a god send to us pre bansters,can i just ask what time does the hotel serve food till as we wont get there tell about 9pm, typical still thinking about my belly lol x:smile:

Hi Fatpants,sounds like you have your hands full glad hubby going with you your going to need him for support lol x:smile:

Good luck freckles I'll be thinking of you each day until your re-banded, Hopefully this time all will run smoothly and you wont get a puncture, and you be back on track quickly. Keep us informed. mmm

i got one from netto bigsister!..mind you its not a very good one just a cheap one(well credit crunch for me init?!)!!..well, its saturday (!)curry night tonight missed it last night!..had to do summat last night so we went to Wokmania...chinese buffet..good idea to go to those places cos you can "test" what goes thro your band and what gets stuck..i had bit of everything really, it took me twice as long to eat it..i was starving and just wanted to shovell it down, but am getting used to the fact quickly that shovelling down really hurts!(im really ready for that first fill next week too!)..anyway..the Soup was ok, noodles went down ok, so did the mushroom foo yung (like omlette)..the king prawns went down when chewed well,all the other veg was good too,inc beansprouts, as was the salad..BUT, the rice hurt a bit, think it sort of builds up above your band, and most of the meats in a mixed curry were bit uncomfortable..tiny bites of chicken chewed well was fine..so i stuck with the chicken and mushroom..oh and anything that has a batter,like lemon chicken and sweet n sour chicken was very hard to get down, so i gave up on a few things and wasted quite a bit, but i know what i can have now if i go for a chinese meal. and after, the banana and apple fritters were ok if you take the batter off!. did have a little bit of ice cream with choc fountain sauce. there were loadsa other sweet treats but didnt do it!. in all i had about a third of what i normally would. as bigsister says, i have big trouble with bread..that is painfull, any bread, even toasted..and with me potatoes even well mashed seem to be a problem..but i know bigsister is ok with rice and potatoes...everyone is different it seems,so just experiment!....Hello and welcome to all you new bandsters, and pre-bandsters!! and big HI!..to the guys!..its not just us girlies on here now..hope they dont feel too overwhelmed with women talk! we are all in the same boat..and its great that we can all support each other..i felt i was delving into the unknown before i came across this forum and i honestly dont think i would have made the decision to have this band if it wasnt for all the great advice and people on this forum..when no one out there in our everyday life seems to know how your feeling, its easy to become absorbed, and its good to know your all there,and just a click of the mouse away! at least one friendly forum member will answer any question you have no matter what,we are all or have been going through the same..the very best of luck to all you bandsters, and pre bandsters!!!! gillian x

i got one from netto bigsister!..mind you its not a very good one just a cheap one(well credit crunch for me init?!)!!..well, its saturday (!)curry night tonight missed it last night!..had to do summat last night so we went to Wokmania...chinese buffet..good idea to go to those places cos you can "test" what goes thro your band and what gets stuck..i had bit of everything really, it took me twice as long to eat it..i was starving and just wanted to shovell it down, but am getting used to the fact quickly that shovelling down really hurts!(im really ready for that first fill next week too!)..anyway..the Soup was ok, noodles went down ok, so did the mushroom foo yung (like omlette)..the king prawns went down when chewed well,all the other veg was good too,inc beansprouts, as was the salad..BUT, the rice hurt a bit, think it sort of builds up above your band, and most of the meats in a mixed curry were bit uncomfortable..tiny bites of chicken chewed well was fine..so i stuck with the chicken and mushroom..oh and anything that has a batter,like lemon chicken and sweet n sour chicken was very hard to get down, so i gave up on a few things and wasted quite a bit, but i know what i can have now if i go for a chinese meal. and after, the banana and apple fritters were ok if you take the batter off!. did have a little bit of ice cream with choc fountain sauce. there were loadsa other sweet treats but didnt do it!. in all i had about a third of what i normally would. as bigsister says, i have big trouble with bread..that is painfull, any bread, even toasted..and with me potatoes even well mashed seem to be a problem..but i know bigsister is ok with rice and potatoes...everyone is different it seems,so just experiment!....Hello and welcome to all you new bandsters, and pre-bandsters!! and big HI!..to the guys!..its not just us girlies on here now..hope they dont feel too overwhelmed with women talk! we are all in the same boat..and its great that we can all support each other..i felt i was delving into the unknown before i came across this forum and i honestly dont think i would have made the decision to have this band if it wasnt for all the great advice and people on this forum..when no one out there in our everyday life seems to know how your feeling, its easy to become absorbed, and its good to know your all there,and just a click of the mouse away! at least one friendly forum member will answer any question you have no matter what,we are all or have been going through the same..the very best of luck to all you bandsters, and pre bandsters!!!! gillian x

Right Gillian come on, I am into week 2 of being banded eating baby food and your going on about chinese, hahahahaha i am joking glad you could get to sample eveything.

G

x

Hi Gillian,

Sounds like you had fun at the chinese! What I am inquisitive about is: do you feel the food getting stuck quite soon after eating it? Or, does it take a while? Have you ever been sick since getting the band. I remember seeing a documentary about someone getting the band fitted and they were sick cos they ate too much!? Just wondering.

This is me just getting my last FIX of the day!

Fatpants

Hi fatpants i hope your hubby does go with you itl be a massive help, my partner was brilliant, i felt awful him sitting in the hospital all day when i was more or less out of it, i did say for him to go but he wouldnt. The food, i feel the pain as soon as i swallow if i eat too quick or dont chew my food properly, it bloody hurts actualy. You have got a busy family, im glad mine are all grown up lol. Me and my partner went out today for our normal sunday walk and ended up watching RAF SEARCH AND RESCUE in action, some young kids (age 10 or 11 with no parents with them) had been playing on high rocks on the coast and one of them fell and had to be air lifted to hospital, the tv cameras were there but i havnt seen or heard how he is, i'll look out on the local news tomoz. it was good to watch but sad at the same time. Hope you dont stay away from forum x

Edited by wishfull