Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

64 oz of fluids 5 days post op...no way...

I am trying, I really am...but there are just not enough hours in the days to sip 64 oz's! Anything more than a tiny sip is not good...today I got 46 oz..so far..help!! :wacko:

For being 5 days PO, 46 ounces is great! I could barely do the minimum of 32oz at that point. Don't worry yourself too much, just drink what you can. Everyday you'll drink a bit more and soon you'll make your goal.

If you're on a liquid diet, remember that those ounces count toward your Fluid intake for the day.

You have to Constantly sip/ drink..Take your Water bottle with you everywhere. And I mean walking from kitchen to bedroom, living room to bathroom. Sounds funny? It's how I get 75 oz of just Water (not including Decaf coffee) I am never without my water. I have been doing this since surgery. First few days I sipped slowly, now 3 weeks post op I am able to drink and not sip, have been for awhile. As long as your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated. Keep trying because staying hydrated is so important. Oh...I even drink a little when I wake up middle of the night. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

For being 5 days PO, 46 ounces is great! I could barely do the minimum of 32oz at that point. Don't worry yourself too much, just drink what you can. Everyday you'll drink a bit more and soon you'll make your goal.

If you're on a liquid diet, remember that those ounces count toward your Fluid intake for the day.

My Dr. Literally yelled at me today for not getting to 64 ....btw...before surgery i could never drink that amount....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

You have to Constantly sip/ drink..Take your Water bottle with you everywhere. And I mean walking from kitchen to bedroom, living room to bathroom. Sounds funny? It's how I get 75 oz of just Water (not including Decaf coffee) I am never without my water. I have been doing this since surgery. First few days I sipped slowly, now 3 weeks post op I am able to drink and not sip, have been for awhile. As long as your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated. Keep trying because staying hydrated is so important. Oh...I even drink a little when I wake up middle of the night. Good luck!

I do all that...but my sips are so tiny...i have my water on me at all times and sip.all night. I just can only sip teeny amount.

I do all that...but my sips are so tiny...i have my water on me at all times and sip.all night. I just can only sip teeny amount.

Give it some time, try and push to get bigger sips everyday. You'll get there. People also eat SF popsicles...

I am trying, I really am...but there are just not enough hours in the days to sip 64 oz's! Anything more than a tiny sip is not good...today I got 46 oz..so far..help!! :wacko:

I'm 5 days post op. I sip all day. Tiny sips. It's getting quite annoying too. I manage to get my 64 oz of Water in but I'm not sleeping well either. So when I'm waking up or having a hard time falling back to sleep I'm sipping and sometimes pacing. You will get there. I figured as long as I am doing the best I can then that has to be good enough.

Now that I've started Protein shakes it's getting harder to stay at the 64 oz mark. It takes me more than an hour to get a Protein shake down. So I'm going to have to be more diligent about my Water.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Same here. I try hard too. But I believe Protein shakes count towards liquid. I get sick of drinking. I incorporated sf popsicles

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@"Alexis99", you are so right! I bring my bottle everywhere, even to the bathroom! I drink in the middle of the night too. It is like a full time job to keep sipping!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 days post op. I sip all day. Tiny sips. It's getting quite annoying too. I manage to get my 64 oz of Water in but I'm not sleeping well either. So when I'm waking up or having a hard time falling back to sleep I'm sipping and sometimes pacing. You will get there. I figured as long as I am doing the best I can then that has to be good enough.

Now that I've started Protein shakes it's getting harder to stay at the 64 oz mark. It takes me more than an hour to get a Protein shake down. So I'm going to have to be more diligent about my Water.

These Protein Shakes are really getting me down. They make my stomach feel yucky and keep me from drinking other liquids for quite awhile after I drink one. The powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein powder dissolved in some warm water goes down WAY easier.

@@daisy63 Don't worry yet, you are doing great! The objective is to work our way up to 64 ounces. I am 9 days post op but still struggle a little. Just keep sipping :)

Same here. I try hard too. But I believe Protein shakes count towards liquid. I get sick of drinking. I incorporated sf popsicles

I thought my Protein Shakes, broths ect counted as liquid too. My NUT told me that anything that has Protein in it is no longer counted as liquid.

I thought my Protein Shakes, broths ect counted as liquid too. My NUT told me that anything that has Protein in it is no longer counted as liquid.

Oh wow. Ok good to know.

Oh wow. Ok good to know.

Yeah, kinda sucked to find that out because I found this protein Water that had 30 grams (I think) of protein in it per bottle and was like I got this all figured out lol