Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Belts and success through adversity

So I started looking at these Belts that I have had since beginning this journey. The longest with the white pen is where I started before surgery. I'm on my third belt and the silver pen is where I'm at now.

So a quick summary of my journey. I started seeing a nut in mid 2014. My doctor recommended bariatric surgery. So I was almost through the process when in early January my son was diagnosed with cancer. He had suffered with a disease called NF1 and a severe case since he was 1. Everything was tabled. On July 6th, 2015 one of the brightest lights on this earth went out. I miss him every day. I hope one day to see him again in heaven. It's been a struggle as his sister has the same disease and other problems too. She is my best buddy and my reason for working hard in so many ways. So his mom still can't deal with the loss. A few days before my surgery she said she had decided to move back to NC from Florida. So the day of my surgery she had people clean out the house..a d as you after surgery she was gone. All this and my Mom here in NC had stage 4 cancer. 3 days after surgery I was basically homeless..I had a car that was 2 payments behind(Disney is fun, but pay isn't). And that's about it. I drove to NC. All this leads up to this... Work hard, trust the Lord, and love your family. I had very little, and now I have a good job..my bills are paid...I spend as much time as possible with my daughter. I have a nice place. And somewhere in may I was in the 410's. My first weigh-in was in late June. 406.7...I am now 256.7...that's 150lbs. My RNY was September 6th. I feel like and look like a different person. I don't have all the answers, but life is tough. If I can be where I am then all of you can do it. I follow my diet... I work hard. And although I am divorced and single. I am doing well and WLS was the best decision I have made in a long time.post-299968-14848790476545_thumb.jpg

Sent from Larry's S7

post-299968-14848790018738_thumb.jpg

"Praise God! I was touch by your testimony God. Is a good God I pray that the Lord will unit you and your daughter together again and that you have that relationship with Jesus Christ and keep doing what you doing losing your weight and I pray you reach your goal God bless you!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using the BariatricPal App

Look at God..... Congratulations on your success!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App