Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Need To Lose 10 more pounds before I operate!

Please keep us posted. My scale was the same as my dietitian's scale. I wore the lightest cloths I could find and even changed a million times before I left to get officially weighted in and took my shoes off when I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I totally agree on stripping down to the lighter clothes when weighing in....I will definitely change my wardrobe...I did have on a pair of big suede fury boots that I swear contributed to at least 2lbs. Thanks for the tip!..Greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

That's alot in 2 weeks. Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I still have to get my CPAP then an EGD, psych evaluation and 2 more months of supervised weight loss classes. I was told last month that I needed to lose 12.5 lbs. I've lost 4 lbs but it's been hard. I've been eating more Protein, watching the carbs and portion size and walking/jogging 1.5 miles 4 days a week. I feel like I can tell a difference in my size but the weight is slow to move. Normally this would be fine but I'm worried about losing the weight quickly enough. I guess I have 2 months so as long as I can continue to lose about a lb a week I'll be ok. Thinking of joining a gym to add weight training. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

If I needed to lose 10 quickly I would cut out all white foods (bread, rice, potatoes... Starches AND SUGAR). Eat Protein and green vegetables. I just lost 5.5 pounds in 7 days. I didn't count calories, I didn't limit portions and I was not hungry. If I was I had some cheese or green Beans or a couple of pieces of bacon. Today I start week two. I have 7 pounds to go.

Pre-op, 61 YRS, 5'5"

HW 247, CW 223, BMI 37

Dang! 10 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot!! Doctor seems a bit unreasonable. ????. We are all here for you though. Best of luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

That's alot in 2 weeks. Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I still have to get my CPAP then an EGD, psych evaluation and 2 more months of supervised weight loss classes. I was told last month that I needed to lose 12.5 lbs. I've lost 4 lbs but it's been hard. I've been eating more Protein, watching the carbs and portion size and walking/jogging 1.5 miles 4 days a week. I feel like I can tell a difference in my size but the weight is slow to move. Normally this would be fine but I'm worried about losing the weight quickly enough. I guess I have 2 months so as long as I can continue to lose about a lb a week I'll be ok. Thinking of joining a gym to add weight training. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

If I needed to lose 10 quickly I would cut out all white foods (bread, rice, potatoes... Starches AND SUGAR). Eat Protein and green vegetables. I just lost 5.5 pounds in 7 days. I didn't count calories, I didn't limit portions and I was not hungry. If I was I had some cheese or green Beans or a couple of pieces of bacon. Today I start week two. I have 7 pounds to go.

Pre-op, 61 YRS, 5'5"

HW 247, CW 223, BMI 37

Thank you...Great advice!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I had the challenge of having to lose 8 lbs in two weeks. At first I got mad because I thought I finally made it to the finish line and something else came up to foil my attempt to finally having the surgery. But then I said Leggo and got ready for the next challenge. What made it easy was the S Health app on my Samsung Galaxy S6Edge +. I track everything I eat. The months before I was on a 1800 calorie or less meal plan. To lose these next 8lbs I went down to 1200-1500 calories. I still had Cookies,cake, and etc. The biggest change up was I cut back to 1 day with a fried meal, and all the rest was grilled fish or chicken. No red meats. No Juices and sodas, not even diet sodas. Seeing your calorie intake make this journey so much easier. I hope this help. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!

Tie Hill Samsung S6+

For those struggling with jumping through all the insurance hoops of sleep studies, psych evals, etc., you might consider another alternative. After spending about $4k out-of-pocket, the insurance denied me. I had surgery in Mexico. Paid $5k and it included everything, except airfare to San Diego. The doctors & staff are wonderful. I know what is going through your mind right now...this woman is crazy...but it was the best experience & I have lifetime free access to a nutritionist & I have a wonderful support system. I went through Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana. Check it out if you are looking for an alternative.