Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

I just want to say thank you for all your input, and support and love.

I really appreciate it.

I had joined a different weight loss and bariatric surgery forum a while back and didn't have a good experience.

I poured my heart out in a post, crying out for help, even mentioned that I was suicidal because of my weight.

I only received spam replies and a reply from someone offering to do hypnosis with me for a fee.

Needless to say I was thoroughly disappointed.

My experience here has been great and I appreciate you all.

So glad to hear you are getting what you need from this community. It was invaluable to me through my journey as well.

I am so glad to hear that this has been your experience. I find that overall this group is very supportive and informative.

So glad to hear you're getting what you need here.

I agree with @@JamieLogical and @Chrmow. I have found BP members to be very helpful and encouraging. Real life experiences and insight certainly help on the WLS road.

I just joined myself and I am really happy I did.

I just joined myself and I am really happy I did.

Welcome.

Are you in the process of getting weight loss surgery?

Or just looking for information and personal experiences?

I had the gastric bypass surgery on 11/9/16 down 52 pounds, Love the weight loss, but I still unable to eat without throwing up. I sound like I have a cold, due to the fact that my throat is so sore from throwing up. I eat 1 teaspoon of PB2 with Water to make it creamy with 2 slices of an apple and 10 minutes later I am throwing up. Basically the only thing that stays down are the Protein shakes, 1 slice of cheese and at times almonds, How about you?

@@dmelch have you spoken to your surgeon? Perhaps you should have some testing to make sure everything is ok? Wishing you well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had the gastric bypass surgery on 11/9/16 down 52 pounds, Love the weight loss, but I still unable to eat without throwing up. I sound like I have a cold, due to the fact that my throat is so sore from throwing up. I eat 1 teaspoon of PB2 with Water to make it creamy with 2 slices of an apple and 10 minutes later I am throwing up. Basically the only thing that stays down are the Protein shakes, 1 slice of cheese and at times almonds, How about you?

Apple and almonds? That's actually pretty tough on your stomach. I wasn't allowed apples or nuts until almost 3 months post-op. I had sleeve though, not bypass, and I know some of the guidelines are different. How do you do with Greek yogurt? Cottage cheese? Scrambled eggs? Were you throwing up in your puree stage or just once you moved onto solid foods?

that is all I ate, is cottage cheese and yogurt, they make me gag. Think about it, since October I have been eating Soup, cottage cheese, rigotta cheese. After 6 weeks they want you to introduce food. My surgeon is away this week, I am sure he will contact me next week. Can not eat scrambled egg, make me throw up. I was able to eat the puree stage just regular food makes me sick

that is all I ate, is cottage cheese and yogurt, they make me gag. Think about it, since October I have been eating Soup, cottage cheese, rigotta cheese. After 6 weeks they want you to introduce food. My surgeon is away this week, I am sure he will contact me next week. Can not eat scrambled egg, make me throw up. I was able to eat the puree stage just regular food makes me sick

Were you able to handle any meats in your puree/soft food stages?

I really did not eat any meats during the puree period

I really did not eat any meats during the puree period

Have you tried any pureed or very soft/pulled meats? chicken in a slow cooker? tuna salad? Anything along those lines?

I have tried chicken that was in a crock pot all day a couple of weeks ago. I will try tuna. How much are you able to eat. I can eat probably about 1/2 oz. Once I detect a pain under my rib,I know I am in trouble. I will throw up

@@dmelch - I hope you are able to get things squared away soon! That sounds like a horrible experience! You said your doctor is away this week, does he have a PA you could talk to, or maybe another physician in the practice if he's not a solo practitioner? There's bound to be someone who covers for him when he's out of the office for a long period of time. Just something to consider.