Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost two weeks post operation

Don't do it! Think of all you have done to get to this point. Plus I heard of a lady who ate a piece of steak too soon and ended up in icu for 4 weeks!! You can do this we are all struggling!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For the pizza craving I found a recipe for the ricotta bake. But I'm taking things day by day, minute by minute. I'm journaling. I'm a wife and mom but I'm putting my foot down. There are some things that have changed for the better. I've got to follow dr orders and stay on track. It's like when I quit smoking in some respects. It's mindful eating now. I'm struggling with chub rub. It's painful but thank God for my old Spanx I saved that now fits again!!!!!

I have a fantastic cauliflower "pizza" recipe. My kids can't even tell there's no dough in there. If or when you move on to mushy veggies this would be perfect. It's 150 calories for 2 slices!! Basically it's just cauliflower, an egg, some parmesan and low fat cheese. You can put fresh tomatoes and basil in place of the sauce.

Just realized that I'm still pre-op and idk if cauliflower is allowed post op. If it isn't I'm sorry. Just hang in there.

You're only 2 wks post operation and you're doing soft food already?

My doctor had me on full liquid for 3 weeks, puree 3 weeks, then soft food 3 weeks, and finally regular food.

Surgery date 12/28 and barely on puree... I miss real food and craving from time to time... lucky you

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Yes doctors are different because my doctor does first 2 days clear then full liquids then at exactly 2 weeks which is your first post op visit he advances you to purée then a week after that soft and a week after that solids! Sleeved 1/11/17 can't wait for at least soft foods but today I'm down 22.6 pounds!

Edited by krissyvsg

Sleeved 1/12. For me it's 2 days Clear Liquids, 7 days full liquids, 3 wks purée, 4 wks soft foods. It seems like each dr has some variation of that. Cauliflower pizza sounds good for the soft food phase! And looking forward to trying ricotta bake at purée. Thanks to all for the support and wisdom!!

I'm a grazer too! I actually set my phone to snack at specific times. I prepare my Snacks for the day and take a long time enjoying them :) Before setting my phone alarm I could easily snack too much.

11 days out and still liquid phase. I hate it because I just want to CHEW. Not hunger though. Even went to mcdonalds to buy hubby food and have ZERO craving. And just kept reminding myself how gross this stuff is. Can't wait to move to next phase. I won't lie. Two weeks of liquids is the hardest part so far. Harder that pre op. But I keep hearing it will get better so I will be patient. Keep my mind off of it.

The liquid stage was the absolute worst. Bordered on torture for me, lol. I'm 3 weeks out and on mushies/soft foods, and it is so much better. For those who worry because they were grazers - I was somewhat worried about this, but at this point I've found there's no reason to worry. After I eat, I am so full I can't imagine taking another bite of anything for a couple hours. And then when I'm no longer full, it's time to eat again. At this point I'm supposed to be eating every 2 hours, and sometimes even that doesn't feel like enough time between. It's been just under two hours since I last ate and I'm still full right now. It takes me just about the whole day to eat something I used to eat in one setting. Such as today, at lunch I ordered the tilapia with mashed potatoes and spinach. It also came with two pieces of garlic bread. I didn't touch the garlic bread and ended up throwing the spinach out after maybe four or five bites total today. I did finish the fish and most of the potatoes (my plan allows for mashed potatoes) but that was after 4 mini-meals. I'm able to eat about 2-3 ounces at a time.