Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi My name is Jessica. I am over 10 years out post gastric bypass surgery. 8.5 years out from. Perforated gastric ulcers, that was repaired and saved me from becoming septic.

I had 1 child almost 5 years ago and gained 9 lbs during my pregnancy.

I was 324 when I made the decision to have surgery, I was 289 on surgery day, 154 when my ulcer perforated, and 137 6 weeks post perforation. I did put back on some weight, currently at 204 lbs. I am finally taking my Vitamins again, and have got me back on track. My next step is to loose I'd like to loose at least 35 lbs, no more than 45 lbs. I am 5'4 inches anyone that wants to give me pointers on where to start, this would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

Pouch reset!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Go back to your basic's. Maybe 2 Protein drinks a day with a low carb meal. Just don't let your self get behind on your Water intake. I'm sure you can do this, you already did and NOW just start again!! All of your travels have made you stronger for sure. G after it like YOU NEED IT AND WANT IT!! You've GOT THIS!!

Im 6 years out and need to loose 20 not so easy...i walk 4 miles every day but im in a relationship now 2 yrs and thats when i started to gain...so im watching very carefully now did the pouch reset and i make the cabbage Soup every week for my go to food this is week 3 but im not really loosing...i do my food journal but i think i need to make my calorie intake less than what it tells me to eat...does anyone know what our calorie intake should be with gastric bypass surgery dont want to get my weight out of hand

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Personally, I think you should do a combination of everything here.

1. Identify what's been happening in your life that caused your eating habits to change. Comfortable in relationship? Not wanting to draw attention to the way you should eat in public? Boredom?

2. Recommit yourself to your program and reach out to your nutritionist. They want to help.

3. Go back to basics. Try the pouch reset but that's really just getting you reacquainted with your pouch size which is helpful. Google that.

4. Learn to sit in uncomfortable emotions by breathing, taking a walk, journaling or something else until the feelings pass.

5. Set a fitness goal like schedule a 5K that will give you something to aim for that will take your attentions from food to getting the goal.

6. Write down everything you eat. Everything. This helps keep you accountable.

I've lost 250lbs and write a blog about my 30 year issues with food at reginabartlett.com

Good luck! You got this!!

Im 6 years out and need to loose 20 not so easy...i walk 4 miles every day but im in a relationship now 2 yrs and thats when i started to gain...so im watching very carefully now did the pouch reset and i make the cabbage Soup every week for my go to food this is week 3 but im not really loosing...i do my food journal but i think i need to make my calorie intake less than what it tells me to eat...does anyone know what our calorie intake should be with gastric bypass surgery dont want to get my weight out of hand.

For most people 1000-1200 should do it. I wouldn't go below 1000. Either follow a Keto plan or a macro plan. Macro is 35% carb (complex carbs only) 25% fat and 40% Protein.

I started with keto and switched to macro. my rate of loss actually sped up when i switched to the macro plan.

Edited by Travelher

Thank you......i did the pouch reset then the cabbage Soup to get me started.....i still can only take a couple of bites of food but i was doing all the wrong types of food Pasta pot. pizza im done with that.i was trying to pleeze my friend not me.....but im back on track....i think we will see 4lbs down

Good for you!! I have been told before that OUR TOOL will work for us. The truth is OUR POUCH can grow so we van eat more but....if AND when we decide to use it again it is GAME ON!!! Remember you are the one that is CONTROL!!! YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!

Thank you to everyone that has replied on this post. I'm almost 3 years post op and I have been at the same weight since 18 months post op. I've been trying to loose about 35 more pounds. But I grew up a picky eater and I have been that way my whole life. Literally only vegetable I eat is green Beans. Yes I have tried others I just can't stomach them. With work schedule and kids it's hard to eat like am suppose to again. Any tips on how to get back on track with being a picky eater? Do you think the reset will help me to were I do t crave sweets or soda. For months I have not gained or lost any weight. But it's time to change. Any suggestions?