Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a PM from OP complaining that I made her feel like <whatever curse word she used>. All because I told her the 3 week stall was normal and her Dr should have explained her surgery to her better.

THIS IS WHY VETS DO NOT BOTHER POSTING HERE ANYMORE.

Was it a complaint or was I expressing to you how your post made me feel? I didn't bad mouth you, I didn't insult you or put you down; I was hoping to have you reflect on how your posts may be received without you realizing it.

I chose to send a private message to avoid "public" drama, but to still have a discourse with you.

It is sad that I had/am having an emotional outburst on a message board? Yes, yes it is. I wish I had someone here with me to vent to, but I don't.

I got a PM from OP complaining that I made her feel like <whatever curse word she used>. All because I told her the 3 week stall was normal and her Dr should have explained her surgery to her better.

THIS IS WHY VETS DO NOT BOTHER POSTING HERE ANYMORE.

That's crazy.... I love your advice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

@@White Sale. I'm on the same boat. I had my surgery on 12/30. After surgery I lost 13lbs in the first 14 days. Almost a pound a day but now I have been stuck on 236.6 for the past 4 days. I started getting disappointed and depressed but then the more I read about it, the more I feel better. I know I'm not eating anything compared to pre-op and I'm actually a lot more active than before. I have been walking average of 5 miles almost everyday. So I should be losing right! But no I'm stuck. Don't give up!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is frustrating and I'm so sorry. Many of us have been there. For a while, consider focusing not on weight but on NSVs, which are Non-scale Victories. Maybe certain clothing fits you better, maybe you can walk further than you used to, maybe you're making better decisions about what to eat. It gets better. Promise.

Thank you for your compassion. I'm trying to believe!

If there were any vets left on this board they would tell you about the Three Week Stall.

But there aren't.

So.

It is unfortunate. I have read/searched regarding the stalls, but there are just as many folks who don't experience them, ya know? Intellectually, I know I'm following my doctor's plan and that will equal results. Emotionally, it really sucks.

Do you also know about the monster rush of old hormones that is flooding out of your fat cells right now and into your blood stream -- because you're breaking down fat faster than you'll ever do so again?

@@White Sale

Like many others have said, this is normal.

Another thing to remember is that for a little while after surgery your hormones are going crazy and you will very likely have mood swings. Mine got crazy I felt like I was loosing my mind! Took several months for my mood swings to mellow. The mood swings affect how one sees the situation too.

You could be going through some hormone dumps or mood swings.

Practice patience, step back and give yourself sometime. Things won't be the same in a few more weeks.

All the best

The frustrating posters! Please don't get discouraged. I hope you took measurements before surgery. You might be at a stall but, if you are walking everyday the inches are going down and you are building leg muscle which weights more than fat. If you have not started tracking the inched lost I encourage you to start now.

I have been stuck for almost a week at the same weight but lost a half inch in that time frame. I am a month and 3 weeks out and lost 5 inches so far from head to toe. My hubby measures me. He is worried about me loosing my boobs !

Tell us exactly what you are consuming???? How much did you lose pre op? At two to three weeks, many of us stalled for a week or two. Its weird, but hang in there. In 3 months time, you'll be dancing with joy.

On average, 750-800 Calories, 15g carbs, <10g sugar, 65-70g Protein, and over 70oz of Water. My main focus, right now, is hitting the Protein & Water goals and keeping sugar in check.

I lost zero pounds over 2 weeks. It is what it is. Didn't hamper my overall results so far. You are only frustrating yourself for something you can't control.

It is still natural to be upset and disappointed, though, right? How could I not be frustrated at this point? Maybe it's all these crazy hormones that are flooding my body?

I want to scream. Absolutely devastated.

I weigh myself every Saturday.

12/31/16 - 241.6

1/7/17 - 238.6

1/14/17 - 238.6

I've lost two pounds in two weeks. I have walked nearly every day. I have tracked my goddamn calories, macros, and water.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RULE OF CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT? THIS IS F*CK*NG B*LLSH*T!!!!!!!!

Now I don't even have an effing stomach and I'm not losing weight.

EVEN AFTER HAVING SURGERY TO MUTILATE MY BODY I WILL ALWAYS BE A FATSO.

Who has a f*ck*ng two week stall in the 3 weeks after surgery?!?????? ME.

FML FML FML

Actually your math is wrong, you lost three pounds.

Made me laugh! Yes, you're right, three pounds it is.

The frustrating posters! Please don't get discouraged. I hope you took measurements before surgery. You might be at a stall but, if you are walking everyday the inches are going down and you are building leg muscle which weights more than fat. If you have not started tracking the inched lost I encourage you to start now.

I have been stuck for almost a week at the same weight but lost a half inch in that time frame. I am a month and 3 weeks out and lost 5 inches so far from head to toe. My hubby measures me. He is worried about me loosing my boobs !

I did not take beginning measurements, but I like your suggestion. It could give me those non-scale victories. I had thought about the new muscle outweighing any losses, but I can't be sure.

Thank you. Seriously reading all these messages make me feel better

Edited by pharmD_vsg

❤️! You are reshaping your body at the same time. I wear leg weights when I walk. Just to be able to grow my muscle. I just think at least for females its so important to measure. Us girls do so much better when we see the changes. I noticed when I had to buy new pants. It maybe only a size down, but its a size gone.

I'm running behind for an appointment and I'll read more later. But don't forget if you are eating lots of Protein and walking, muscle weighs more than fat.

Sent from Larry's S7

Hang in there. This too shall pass! Our bodies are all different. Yours just might be working to heal right now.

A pound of muscle and a pound of fat still weigh a pound.

But muscle is leaner and takes up less space than fat. You are building muscle with is leaner than fat so you are probably losing inches.(fat).

My Dr said the reasons we lose the way we do is unknown. We could eat the exact same things week to week and might lose one week but not the other.

Try looking for other things to motivate you rather than the scale. I know it's hard because the scale is how everyone measures success

Are your clothes looser? Do you have more energy, less aches, moving around better? My Dr said to put away the scale and try a smaller pair of pants on weekly. You will probably see results there.

Good luck. Feel better!!

I've been stalled for over 2 weeks too and I was discouraged like you. I have the Fitbit Aria scale which in addition to weight it apparently weighs body fat, yesterday I took a closer look at the graphs and noticed something very promising. Before my stall when I was losing pounds I noticed, my body fat percentage was staying the same. But in those 2.5 weeks where my weight wasn't moving, my body fat percentage did a huge dip and went down 5%! So we may not be losing pounds but we are losing body fat and inches. I'm now more focused on the body fat number and my measurements and not the pounds till I start seeing the Wright go down too. This helped me feel less discouraged. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

That's awesome @@Doshea5! My scale doesn't measure body fat. I've always been curious and skeptical of how accurate it is. But that's am awesome idea to help get you out of a funk.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I want to scream. Absolutely devastated.

I weigh myself every Saturday.

12/31/16 - 241.6

1/7/17 - 238.6

1/14/17 - 238.6

I've lost two pounds in two weeks. I have walked nearly every day. I have tracked my goddamn calories, macros, and Water.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RULE OF CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT? THIS IS F*CK*NG B*LLSH*T!!!!!!!!

Now I don't even have an effing stomach and I'm not losing weight.

EVEN AFTER HAVING SURGERY TO MUTILATE MY BODY I WILL ALWAYS BE A FATSO.

Who has a f*ck*ng two week stall in the 3 weeks after surgery?!?????? ME.

FML FML FML

Sorry you are so sad! I haven't had the surgery yet but maybe you are still healing. Healing tissue is swollen and holds Water. Perhaps, you are eating too little...maybe you need more Protein. I believe you are just in a stall and try not to weigh yourself. Stress, keeps fat on. It's a hormone the body secretes out and holds on to belly fat. I'm not a Dr but call your nutritionist.

????sonkat5355????