Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else flying out of State?

First let me start by saying I live in Alaska and our options for Bariatric surgeons is not the most abundant. I believe there are only two Doctors that do the procedure and the reviews/word of mouth on the two of them is not the greatest. After searching for what seemed like forever, I've decided to head to Seattle to the Northwest weight loss clinic in Everette. I will have to make two trips one for the consult and one for surgery. I just bought my tickets and will be flying down Feb 6th for the first 2 appointments and I will get to pick my surgery date before I leave :). Is any one else flying out of state or has flown out of state for surgery? How long did it take after surgery to fly home? How uncomfortable was it? any information would be helpful. Thanks

I had mine done in Mexico (I flew to El Paso), and I had no problem. But it depends on many factors, such as your overall health etc.

I am flying to San Antonio on Feb 24th to have surgery in Mexico on the 25th and will fly back home (Georgia) on Feb 28th. Not scared at all and just really excited! ???? Best wishes to you!

I'm flying to Los Angeles from Japan. I'll be there for a few days, then will take the train to SD, where I'll get picked up and driven to Tijuana. Every surgeon I asked had no problem with my 12-16 hour flight back to Japan after I get discharged, but for my own piece of mind I'll be flying back a week after I have surgery (I'll recover in San Diego a bit first, and if I feel well enough, do a little sightseeing too). I think the main concern for any long flight will be to get up often and move around, keep fluids up, and wear compression stockings.

I'm flying to San Diego next Tuesday for surgery and flying back home (Georgia) the following Sunday.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks! For the information

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App