Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so sorry! I never meant it that way at all. I was on board with you guys for sure. I never meant calling anyone out. I never said you never had struggles at all. Did u read the entire post? I was exactly saying that, everyone's struggles are valid! I was actually just having a convo minutes before, with somebody else who is 460 lbs and they were going off on people with lower Bmi's getting it done (which included myself even). So I was just trying to pull people together in the end. Sorry it offended. Please forgive me! I see what you are saying now and I was wrong for it to come out like that. And I think all this BMI stuff is bull crap too haha. Cuz like seriously, for most people the "healthy range BMI" is not realistic. But hopefully it will now with WLS :) again, sorry for the confusion. I wish you the best of luck and want the best for your insurance to come through!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Your original post was awesome you debunked judgement and I appreciate that. I read the entire thing!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm sorry, but you know zero about me or my situation. While I appreciate the way you politely rebuked me, there is sooooo much judgement on these boards. I'm not borderline fat or unhealthy. I'm borderline the weight my insurance requires to pay for it without a pre existing condition. It's weird. I get shunned from thin people for being overweight. But apparently for others I'm not big enough. I find it hilarious you asked me if I ever tried counting calories or using an app. No, at 42 and 100 pounds overweight I never thought to try those. Think it would help if I exercise too? Yes, we are all on our own journey. I see posts on here all the time that make me wanna roll my eyes. I especially love the worried about loose skin comments when I'm just trying g not to die young. Thank you for giving me permission to feel what I feel though. If anyone else was offended by my post, it was not meant to. Moving on now......

Her post was pretty good. I humbly say she debunked judgement stating that we all have our own life to write. I initially thought there was judgement she actually checked herself. I'm a low bmi as well and was ready to be like... no you didn't lol

You know you are borderline BMI for insiranc paying when you hope to have sleep apnea. I was only 6 pounds over the limit for insurance to pay. At my 2nd surgeon appt yesterday I had lost 3. Normally Id be happy but I was wearing heavy clothes. I flat out asked my doc what would happen if I dropped below the 40 BMI and they said it could be a problem with insurance so maybe my sleep study will show something. Never thought I'd have a doctor want me to have sleep apnea. I have one more weigh in next month before they submit to insurance so hopefully I will stay where I am. I'm trying to start making healthy changes now but am scared to do too well.

I'm 5'3 my co morbidity is hypertension. Day of surgery Jan 17 I weighed 193, a couple pounds under what is was suppose to be. I remember my last Dr visit before my set surgery I wore the heaviest clothes and just crossed my fingers. I didn't come all this way to screw it up. My highest weight was 245

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you again everyone. I've had my last weigh in with the nutrition. I've lost 4 pounds since I started the journey. My initialBMI was 41.8. It is now 40.8. I still qualify. I weigh in one more time on Feb 21st when I see my surgeon the last time and then he will submit to insurance. Extremely frustrating but almost over now.

My BMI is 40 as well. Crazy that the insurance would split hairs like that. Losing a few pounds should disqualify patients! I'm paying out of pocket, so fortunately (?) I haven't had to deal with all that stress.

Thank you again everyone. I've had my last weigh in with the nutrition. I've lost 4 pounds since I started the journey. My initialBMI was 41.8. It is now 40.8. I still qualify. I weigh in one more time on Feb 21st when I see my surgeon the last time and then he will submit to insurance. Extremely frustrating but almost over now.

I started at 39.9 bmi, but my insurance states bmi over 35 with 1 comorbity, so I should be good. I go on Wed for a nut visit and then 3/6 with surgeon at which time he will submit to insurance. My worry is that my surgeon wNted me to lose about 12-13 lbs. bfore surgery and i was down about 9, but on 1/1 quit smokimg and have gained 3. Trying my hardest to lose these last lbs. or hoping he will still be ok with it since I quit smoking. @@tracybshaw Good luck to you and your approval. We should be sleeved pretty close to each other so keep in touch and our stats are also pretty close.

My insurance requirements were different. I, myself am borderline BMI and once I contacted the insurance company with thoughts of WLS they assigned me a nurse case manager that recorded my weight and I made an appointment with my primary care so I could have my weight documented. I was encouraged to lose as much weight as possible even before it was submitted to insurance. My dr called me on 1/13 and I had a response back from insurance 1/15 that I was approved. The insurance company did require 6 months of documented weight loss attempts and they could be from any months within the past three years as long as it specified the "weight loss" reference and included my weight.

Wow, I can not believe your post mexicosleever. Just because some are borderline BMI does not make it easier for us. I have fought my weight for 20 years.. yes 20 out of 40 years counting calories exercising and dropped 100 pounds. Now after a hysterectomy a gall bladder removal I was borderline BMI. 40.6 that is what our insurance looks at. That does not mean we only have 20 pounds to lose.

With my "borderline BMI" I have 51.5% body fat and when I exercise my knees ache from carrying my extra weight. Some of us may not be as fat as you think we should be for surgery but we still have struggled, won and lost our fights. Calorie app yup 1 1/2 years straight lost 5 pounds.. personal trainers gyms diets etc...

If a BMI of 40 makes someone eligible and they are 39.9 that does not make them thinner..

I've been fatter and my first appt I was required to be at 40. Guess what I ate for 3 days to ensure I met it. WHY??? Because if I pay 500 a month for insurance bet your belly I am going to hope they pay.

So to all the borderline BMIs you only need to hit it the first appointment and then the rest is supervised weight loss so usually your good. And don't listen to the people who judge you for making changes they are yet to understand.

HW 330

CW 230.6

Surgery date 1/19/17-Sleeve