Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any maintenance 10 to 20 pound weight loss mentors?

@@Odie

We feel your pain girl! We are here to help each other with our stubborn winter weight.

@Freeb@Babbs@stacyrg2@Odie

I have you added as friends. How should we do this? Do you want to post on this thread on Friday's? or private message?

Suggestions please..lol

@Freeb@Babbs@stacyrg2@Odie

I have you added as friends. How should we do this? Do you want to post on this thread on Friday's? or private message?

Suggestions please..lol

I'm open to whatever you decide!

I heard of a few people doing the "Pouch Reset". You basically go on the post-op diet that you did right after surgery, but instead of 5 weeks of that diet, it's 5 days. You could probably lose about 3-4 pounds while doing it. (I'm not 100% sure about this, but I've heard some success stories with this plan.)

Day 1: Clear Liquids.< /p>

Day 2: Full liquids.< /p>

Day 3: pureed foods.

Day 4: Soft foods.

Day 5: Regular food (low carb).

In my opinion, this is a bad idea for someone who has been in maintenance for a while. Liquids won't do anything for you. To carb detox rapidly, I try to eat all Protein . . . specifically all meat or all meat/dairy. After the first few days, the carb cravings are gone and I can reintroduce healthy carbs (veggies, etc.) into my diet.
Oh really? I was just going by what I've heard from 3-4 different people. It worked for them. Though, your method seems better, and easier. :)

Right now..I'm just going to do both.lol You will be hearing from me FRIDAY!....

I can post on the thread. What info should we focus on?? Lbs/food choices, all of the above?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@stacyrg2

My plan is the following.

(1) Totals on my calorie, Protein, carbs, and fats.

(2) My workout info.

(3) My weight changes. Up or down..lol. I need to be honest with myself right now.

I want to check in with everyone for feed back.... I have weeks that are good and others where I'm frustrated. Some days I need a reality check. lol Its good to get other peoples perspective and tips.

@@jenn1 - I am trying to boost my metabolism. I have increased my calories to 1400, and Protein to 180 a day, and then adding five days of intense exercise. Lost five pounds this week. It's a little counter-intuitive, but decreasing calories seems to slow down your metabolism. So switching my diet to get rid of crap carbs, alcohol, and other non-productive calories while ramping up activity seems to be working for me. Hard deprivation seems to work against you. I found this article which explained it to me...

As a person becomes fitter and gains muscle mass, it is correct that he or she burns more calories at rest. However, some exercise enthusiasts have insufficient energy intakes, which do not meet the demands of their exercise programs. This imbalance may eventually reduce resting metabolic rate.

https://www.unm.edu/...ontroversy.html

BTW, several people have some good knowledge and experience and it is shared here: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/387024-so-the-honeymoon-is-over/

@@OKCPirate

Always good to see you. Five pounds in a week fantastic!

I'm glad to get support as I start shedding my winter weight. I read the posts and information you left. Thanks! It's so true. Each of our maintenance and weight loss looks different due to many factors.

My diet changes in three phases each year.

Distance running phase:

I have a marathon in May. My calories get set to 2000+ high Protein goals. Three days before each long run, I increase carbs. After May, I have to detox from carbs and calories. Get back to bariatric basics

Bulking phase: High protein and Higher fats I'm an endomorph. I have to keep my carbs low.

Cut phase: I'm much like you... My calorie set point to lose weight is 1500. Protein goals are high.I expend a lot of energy working out.

I'm on the high end of my weight 141..It's time to cut.

@@jenn1 - Congrats on the upcoming marathon, which one is it? Don't blame you for wanting to cut weight before...I think the force on the knees is 5-12 times your weight when you run. Good luck on both projects.

Thanks. The idaho famous potatoe. I completed the half marathon last year. I just hope to complete the full this year. Cutting the weight is painfully slow for me. But will be worth saving my knees

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I"m still too intimidated to try a full marathon. I have a half coming up in May, but haven't started my serious training. My calories in non-training mode stay between 1000 and 1200 (my MBR was tested at 1239) My surgeon would like me to be at 1200 consistently, but I gain weight and am very hesitant. I'm trying though, particularly since my runs are going to start ramping up. Like you, I increase carbs the week before a run since I can't carb load in the traditional sense the day before. Although the day before is also more carb heavy than normal.

Even when I'm not training for a run, my workout schedule is pretty intense. I run 2x a week, spin 1-2x a week, do TRX once a week, kickbox 1x a week and take random other classes (yoga sculpt, a HIIT class). That's why my surgeon is very unhappy with me that I'm below 1200 many days.

A bit of background so you know my playing field. Im 5'. Had VSG on May 12, 2014 and got down to goal when I started suffering from severe Reflux. I converted to RNY on 7/1. Prior to surgery, I gained up to 142 lbs (the only thing that brought any relief was Ritz crackers and I ate them by the sleeveful over the course of the day). I' down to 120ish right now but finding it difficult to stay there. I went up over the holidays and the weight is slowly coming off. I'm grateful for this thread and the experience you all have. No offense to any new post surgery people, but I need the advise from those who have been in maintenance for a while and can help me find balance.

Edited by stacyrg2

@@stacyrg2

Love that you also became a Bariathlete. Many of us around here. Congrats on the half marathon in May!

I'm finding little help for calories etc from my surgeon's office on bariathletes. I get good information from others on here. I used a sports medicine dietician. But, I still have to dial things in for my tiny tummy. It's been trial and error figuring what works for my body. Have you had the same experience?

@OKCPirate

WOW ! is that your profile picture now? Or am I seeing things...lol @LipsticLady *this is funny as hell to me*

photo-239352.jpg?_r=1484347863

@@OKCPirate

Ahhhh Just got the news. I'm seriously disappointed.