Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My clothes still fit.. Feeling discouraged

My stats are as follows

HW: October 31,2016 378

SW: December 5, 2016 343

CW: As of 1/10 318

That's 60 pounds why in the world do I still fit in a size 26 i mean there a little baggy but I'd at least thought 24 would start to fit I'm still squeezing into them :unsure: :blush: .

I totally understand. I have lost 75 lbs and yes, I have changed clothing sizes but it took a while. Just yesterday I went thru my closet and was able to eliminate size 3x and most 2x. However, I have things that I can wear that are 2x, 1x, xl, and l. I decided it is all how they are made otherwise I couldn't be wearing 4 sizes at the same time. I eliminated some pants that were of stretchy fabric so I think that is why I could wear them so long. I need some new ones.

It just takes more pounds and more time. At least you aren't having to spend money yet on new clothes you will grow out of.

I lost way over 100lbs before I needed new pants. the bigger the sizes, the bigger the weight range covered by each size

After I had my son, I had gained 100 lbs. I started yoyo dieting and would lose 20 lbs but still be in the same size. After excessive gains and losses I noticed that plus sized clothing isn't accurate. I could gain 20 lbs and still fit into all my clothes and then I weigh myself and see a 20 on increase! Like whoa!! On the flip side, when I was a size 6 which seems like sooo long ago if I'd gain a 5 lbs (during that time of month) I'd need a size up cuz then the 6 was too snug. Each size allows room for 5-10 lbs in "regular" sizes. But you can gain 20 lbs and easily still fit in your plus size clothes. <---I blame this for not catching myself before hitting my all time highest weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It will happen!! Don't worry. Plus, it's only been a month! Be kind to yourself. Understand that your body is adjusting to a huge change. The swelling in your abdomen hasn't even gone down yet. Don't worry, you'll be falling out of your clothes quickly!

It will happen!! Don't worry. Plus, it's only been a month! Be kind to yourself. Understand that your body is adjusting to a huge change. The swelling in your abdomen hasn't even gone down yet. Don't worry, you'll be falling out of your clothes quickly!

What?????? There is swelling in my abdomen that will go down more???? That explains why I've lost over 20 pounds and only two inches off my waist. Please tell me more (chin on hand, paying attention)

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

I was in my size 26 and 3x for a lot of the weight loss, my HW was 324 and SW was 300. Now I'm 5.5 months post surgery and down 107 pounds and just bought a size 10 in pants!! It'll happen, be patient!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

It took awhile for me to be able go down a size. Most of the weight I have lost has been in butt and thighs. Some in my "forebelly/overhang. My pants were super baggy in the thighs but the same in the waist so I couldn't go down a size.

I've been three different sizes in the same brand before, both Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug. It's crazy.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 305 Sleeved 10/5/16

What?????? There is swelling in my abdomen that will go down more???? That explains why I've lost over 20 pounds and only two inches off my waist. Please tell me more (chin on hand, paying attention)

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

Lol! Yes, your abdomen is still swollen. My tenderness and swelling didn't go down from like 8 to 10 weeks. I couldn't even wear a bra for a while. That was a nightmare.

Still probably have gas trapped too so walking helps the. Plus your G.I. tract is going through a bunch of trauma. You're likely to experience Constipation that you won't even notice because you'll be so focused on trying to get all your Protein and Water in (start the Fiber or Smooth Move tea habit now), the entire abdominal cavity is going through things and won't be settled for a while.

Expect to see most of the changes in your face and arms and legs for the first 4 to 6 weeks and then suddenly your pants are dropping and you need suspenders or new pair pants'

I totally understand your frustration. Since starting the whole journey I've lost about 60 pounds. My clothes fit exactly the same. On another group I'm in for those who had surgery in December a guy posted he lost about 25 since surgery and went from a 4x to a 2x already. WTF? How???

My stats are as follows

That's 60 pounds why in the world do I still fit in a size 26 i mean there a little baggy but I'd at least thought 24 would start to fit I'm still squeezing into them :unsure: :blush: .

So Zizi is right - the larger the size, the larger the range it will accommodate. Generally, in the double digit regular sizes it is 20 pounds = one size. I think in the Woman's sizes it is a wider range.

Also - how is your body shaped? Can you go down in a size on top, but not bottom, or vice versa. And also - focus on other NSV's (non-scale victories) for now. You are doing amazing!

Thanks! Everyone I really appreciate you all taking out the time to answer my question. I had no idea Plus sizes had such a wide range :)

My stats are as follows

So Zizi is right - the larger the size, the larger the range it will accommodate. Generally, in the double digit regular sizes it is 20 pounds = one size. I think in the Woman's sizes it is a wider range.

Also - how is your body shaped? Can you go down in a size on top, but not bottom, or vice versa. And also - focus on other NSV's (non-scale victories) for now. You are doing amazing!

@@TXJess I'm pear shaped my boobs have went down, :angry: and my shirts are bigger but not so much with pants