Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on the full liquid diet currently-1week post op tomorrow. How much of cream Soups are we suppose to eat? I've been only eating 1/2 cup but can do a full cup of broth. Also using Premier Protein shakes that are 11oz. It takes a few hours but I can drink it all. It's hard to tell if I had to much. I'm not getting an overwhelming full feeling and not feeling uncomfortable. Just don't want to ingest too much. I actually want to lose the weight. Not losing as quickly as it seems others have. Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Tamiroos

I was like that too. I was able to drink more Water after a week actually. I think because it's only liquids that's why you're able to take in more but when you graduate to the soft stage believe me your stomach will tell you when you've had enough. I'm feeling that now and I'm 4 weeks post op.

I'm a week out too and I can do more volume of a Protein shake or broth than a cream Soup. Maybe it's the consistency!

I think it's just our bodily trial and error.

My only full liquid venture today was a restaurant size (smaller) cup of Tomato basil Soup but I felt really light headed afterwards cause I managed to finish it and maybe I shouldn't have. It could be maybe I was sitting next to a fire too and just needed fresh air! Or the stress of putting something different in my body who knows!

Just go slow! It's good to know I can still enjoy something I like just in a smaller quantity without being all gluttonous about it!

For my Soups I did pregresso chicken noodle Soup with the pieces strained out and I did a 2 oz couple. I eat every 2 hours and sip along the way. I don't like the premier Protein shakes so I will have to find me another kind. I can't wait until I'm on soft puréed foods next week

Sounds like everyone is doing good. I am 9 days post op and have had no trouble, just full liquids, Protein Shakes, soups, broth. Oh and Jello.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

My doctor told me cream Soups are not part of the full liquid diet and I'm not supposed to have those for 2 weeks. I would be careful and just double check with your office that it's an approved item for full liquid phase. I was also told no Tomato based products for 4-6 weeks. Everyone's office is different but you wouldn't want to mess something up. I'm a week out and can't tolerate shakes yet or a whole cup at a time. However, I'm up to 4oz at a time. I get an upper back ache when my tummy gets full that's the only sign I have that I'm bout to burst. My paper says 4oz every hour. Maybe start measuring in ounces rather than cups to help you figure out how much you should be getting. Good luck!

My doc and NUT both said to focus on getting in your Protein and Water, don't worry about how much you're eating or calories/carbs in the first few weeks. If you're only one week out you could very well still be retaining Fluid from the surgery, don't focus on the scale yet!

I'm 3.3 weeks out from my surgery and have lost 13 pounds. I had a difficult time getting all my liquid and Protein in the first 2 weeks but now try to get 60 ounces of liquid and 60 grams of Protein. The protein helps you loose the weight and the liquids keep you from getting dehydrated.