Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op today!

Today I'm 1 week post op! It was hard the first few days and discouraging but I'm finally keeping fluids down and getting better at reaching my Fluid intake. I'm starting pureed foods tomorrow! Can I say how excited I am to have cottage cheese and mashed potatoes!!! Hoping diet tolerates and I can continue to progress but my whole mind set is much better. I picked up some protein2o and it helped so much with giving me nutrition since I was only taking in sugar free Jello and Water.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using the BariatricPal App

Isopure zero calorie Protein powder is great. The strawberries and cream and the unflavored is great. You can put it in the premier shake to get the Protein out of the way at once. I do this in the morning this way I know I have gotten all my protein in. You can also add a little Water to the shake to thin it out. I blend it in the blender. I use the strawberry and cream to add to the vanilla Protein Shake when I get tired of the vanilla.< /p>

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Kimkim

Congrats! I too am 1 week post op today! I am not staying purees????yet, but wish I was. I'm struggling to get my liquids in and need new ideas for Protein

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I'm one week as of today myself. I'm on what my dr office called stage 3 diet since coming home which includes Protein Powder shakes, yogurt, cottage cheese, and of course Protein Shakes. As a vegan, I'm only eating the Protein powder shakes trying to put as much powder in as possible to up the protein grams. I can only get down about 6oz at a time (with difficulty). I tried mixing protein powder with soy yogurt but found it unpalatable. I can't even imagine actually eating mashed potatoes right now, though it does sound yummy. I wonder how long it will be till I can drink a 12oz shake in one sitting!

I couldn't until I started using the lemonade crystal lite and I add splenda to it. I drink it very cold. I'm now drinking 42 oz of Water ( not including my Protein shake). I drink it all day. I also made some asparagus Soup. I used 1 percent milk and instead of a heavy cream, I only used 4 table spoons of half and half. It's really good and very low in fat. I made about 64oz. It also helps me with using the restroom. I wouldn't suggest buying the Soup already made because if you buy it already made it can be very very fattening

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Kimkim