Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on December 30th

I was sleeved last Friday and post op 4 days. It is a struggle everyday when you have people around you that eats in front of your face knowing that the smell makes you nauseous. Sometimes I feel like I didn't make the right decision

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was literally in tears the 2nd night I came home. I felt like I made a mistake too. Don't give up on yourself. I'm only 3 days ahead of you (sleeved 12/27) but it's getting easier! We got this :)

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved last Friday and post op 4 days. It is a struggle everyday when you have people around you that eats in front of your face knowing that the smell makes you nauseous. Sometimes I feel like I didn't make the right decision

I cried a few times in the first few days after surgery. Deep breaths - you will come out of this.

If the smell makes you nauseous, you should excuse yourself. As far as other people, in my opinion, it really isn't their responsibility to stop eating around you. It was your choice to go under the knife.

In the moment, it seems and feels unfair that other people would enjoy food around you. I know, I felt the same way.

What you're feeling right now is temporary. Go easy on yourself.

And come here to vent with us!

I'm trying not give up. Every time I think about giving up I look at the big picture. Especially with the pain that I'm still having where the big incision is that is the most painful. I just feel like sometimes I wish I could rewind time and change my mind but it was a life or death situation I guess it's just getting over these hard couple of days..

White Sale I totally understand what you mean when you say it was my decision but sometimes I think people do it 2 taunt me. And it makes me feel mad and a little bit of sad.

White Sale I totally understand what you mean when you say it was my decision but sometimes I think people do it 2 taunt me. And it makes me feel mad and a little bit of sad.

This is a huge change for you, not anyone else. Hopefully your loved ones aren't so cruel that they plot to taunt you. You made a brave decision to get surgery over the holidays. Bravo to you! You took a bold step for your health and didn't use excuses. This is your new life. It gets better every day. Keep your eye on your goal. Focus on what is best for you!

Sleeved 12/29. I almost cried before going to a movie on day 3 post op sitting in the movies restaurant with pizza, cheeseburgers, popcorn etc all around. I was questioning what I'd done to myself and wishing my stomach was still normal.

I wish the smell made me nauseous, the sight and smell are appetizing to me it's like blood to a vampire. It's everywhere too.

And yet, no regrets. It's gotten better by day 5. I'm happy stepping on the scale every morning and seeing weight slide off.

I don't want anyone else burdened by what I'm going through. I've told my parents they are free to eat in front of me and carry on as usual and not feel sorry for me.

And I've also felt - this is not an overnight process by any means, it takes patience, commitment, and determination. All things I'm working on!

I was sleeved on December 28th, 6 days ago. I've cried almost every day since surgery and I've had my doubts but I do know that I've done the right thing. I'm sorry all these smells are making you nauseous. It's unfortunate that you have to deal with that. I hope that it is strictly inadvertent. Just try to hold strong. We can do this!

Suzzzzz you are definitely right it is a huge change and sometimes I feel like was it the right time?? But I'm know if I waited I would've kept putting it off. And that's the only thing that gets me thru is knowing that it will get better! I just wish the pain would subside especially around the big incision

Vegbeth I've had moments where I broken down and cried but I just have to keep in mind I'm doing this for my health and my son! I need to be around for him!!

I also was sleeved on December 30th. My dr came in after the surgery and acknowledged I would have feelings of "oh my gosh-what did I do to myself?" He said don't worry they will pass. He was right. Remember you did this for yourself. I had 7 co-morbidities. Every time I wonder if I made the right decision I think of those co-morbidities and know that I have. Leave the room if their food makes you nauseated. Right now you have to put yourself first.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Suzzzzz you are definitely right it is a huge change and sometimes I feel like was it the right time?? But I'm know if I waited I would've kept putting it off. And that's the only thing that gets me thru is knowing that it will get better! I just wish the pain would subside especially around the big incision

That pain will subside. I think it took a couple of weeks for me but I just knew to prepare everytime I stood up. I tolerated it. Well worth it. See? I am 6 mths out and have forgotten those details. What I do remember is being focused on a new life and going with the flow, following my plan and beginning a wonderful new life. You can do this!

Thank y'all sooo much I greatly appreciate the words of encouragement!! I know it's going to take time and I can't rush anything!! I think it will be okay when the pain leaves!!