Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

doing really well...

Someone mentioned in a previous post that people only post complications and rarely when they are doing well. I know its not as interesting but I am doing much better than I thought I would at 12 days post surgery.

I have pretty much stopped taking my meds minus the PPI which I was already on. I'm hitting my goals for the most part and while I do miss eating solid food I am fine with cream Soups and Protein powder since thats pretty much what I live on at this point. I tried some puree stuff and it was ok...not really all that excited by it so back to my cream of XYZ Soups I go. I'm only weighing in at my Dr's office so no new weight update, I was down 10 lbs 8 days post surgery, I think I go back this Thursday or Friday.

I just wanted to post something positive for the Pre-Operation folks I know are lurking.

Good for you! I'm 28 days post op and it's been going well for me too.

Congratulations. Its nice to hear its going well for you. Speedy recovery!

Kate

I am 11 days post op, and i have lost 8Kg , it was not an easy journey till now but whenever i look back i just think that it was the best decision I had ever taken

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 11 days post op, and i have lost 8Kg , it was not an easy journey till now but whenever i look back i just think that it was the best decision I had ever taken

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

congrats! I feel the same way so far.

If it were not for the holes poked in my belly and the reduced amount I can eat, I would hardly know I've had surgery. I had no pain, no nausea, and no issues with food not sitting well, with a very few exceptions that were both rare and mild. I have been religious about following the guidelines and directions given me by the people at my program. I am sure that is a big part of it, but the rest is what most of us would call good fortune.

If it were not for the holes poked in my belly and the reduced amount I can eat, I would hardly know I've had surgery. I had no pain, no nausea, and no issues with food not sitting well, with a very few exceptions that were both rare and mild. I have been religious about following the guidelines and directions given me by the people at my program. I am sure that is a big part of it, but the rest is what most of us would call good fortune.

that's pretty much what I'm doing. I too chalk it up to that, good health before, relative youth and good fortune.

@@Andell Well I sure can't claim the relative youth part, although my health, except for being fat, was and is excellent. Aside from the occasional ibuprofen, the only medication I am on is the stuff prescribed by my surgeon's office - Prilosec and Vitamins.

wanted to post something positive for the Pre-Operation folks I know are lurking.

@@Andell

ahhhhh, at only 12 days PO your wisdom shines through my monitor!! B)

many people here speak about their problems/questions/support

but that's what this board is for

the "bad" situations/problems sticks out in your mind

people should be aware

that everything isn't always isn't peaches and cream with WLS

but newbies et al should be aware/remember all the good with the WLS too

hopefully the good outweighs the bad (it did for me!!)

glad things are going well for you

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats