Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you start loving your sleeve?

Not until about 17 weeks . I was very sick starting about week 6 and it was really bad for awhile. No meds helped and I just really didn't eat or drink much. I was terrified it was never going away. It is weird still how little I eat and I am surprised that I can be healthy eating this little but... It took a lot longer than I thought. Everyone seemed so happy on here with theirs and I was not. I have come around though. Great luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by tenseintexas

Give it time. I remember feeling completely exhausted for about 3 months. Although I was happy to be losing weight, I wondered if I had traded my quality of life to an extent. I don't regret my sleeve 1.5 years out and think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Certainly, a big restaurant dinner or an all-inclusive resort/all you can eat buffet are a bit wasted on me, but it's a fair trade in my opinion. I can always take the restaurant leftovers home at least!

I'm 4 months post-op and have, since beginning the process in May, lost 107 pounds. I'm 20 pounds from the goal my doctor said was very ambitious.

I still want to eat bad food, and I still want to eat a lot of it, and I did over indulge during the holidays, but I didn't put any weight on.

I don't love my sleeve, but I love being fit, and I love looking better, and I love feeling better, and I love that I'm not in danger of diabetes or heart disease or liver disease. It's worthy every bit of discomfort and every unsatisfied craving.

I think you'll get there too.

Somewhere around the 8th week everything fell into place for me.

The sleeve has been awesome ever since.

Be patient with yourself. Your body will adapt in time and you will really see wonderful results!

About six weeks post op and I had sex for the first time...and I noticed, things had changed for the good. ;-)

I definitely had regret in the beginning. I was in a lot of pain and had terrible Constipation for about 6 weeks. I think the constipation was making the pain even worse. It did take a while before I was happy to have done it. Probably a couple of months. I am a little over 11 months out and down 110 pounds and no longer diabetic. I can turn over in bed without getting out of breath. My quality of life has improved 110 % . I am now beyond glad I did it!

When I picked my brother up from the airport after not seeing him for about 6 months and he said "holy s***, where did the rest of you go?" That's when my true appreciation set in, I wanted him to be proud of me.

Probably at about 3 months. Eating out wasn't too aweful, but by 3 months I was used to accepting a few bites and done. For a good 2+ years I loved that I could grab some chips and a few would be enough. I'd grab an Oreo and it would be enough. I would eat dinner and a small portion was great. The last few months have been harder. I fell in love with Pita chips and they are siders so I can do a costco sized bag in 2 days. I'd portion a more 'normal' size plate for dinner and spend an hour nibbling. I'm hoping a sleeve reset I've just started gets me back to how I was at the beginning and I lost the 20lbs I've gained from my lowest number. You will love it soon! Enjoy the honeymoon 2 years.

I had a moment of doubt the second post op day when I considered that I might have been out of my mind to consider doing such a crazy thing.

Since then I would say I'm feeling pretty neutral. It's a tool that I got to lose weight because I didn't want to die. I am glad it was an option available to me but I don't imagine I will ever love it.