Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelin' sorry for myself

You should use the search option on here to search where you live. Someone might be able to help you

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you. That's a great suggestion but I haven't been able to find anyone in Omaha.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

You can pay for an aide to stay with you for a day or two, but as someone who is a case manager for an insurance company it is very unlikely they'll pay for it. It is worth the try to call the insurance company and maybe ask for an exception or some assistance with paying for an aide. It could save them money in the long run so I guess you never know! Most insurance companies have case managers you can be connected with via the main customer service phone line. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You can pay for an aide to stay with you for a day or two, but as someone who is a case manager for an insurance company it is very unlikely they'll pay for it. It is worth the try to call the insurance company and maybe ask for an exception or some assistance with paying for an aide. It could save them money in the long run so I guess you never know! Most insurance companies have case managers you can be connected with via the main customer service phone line. Good luck!

OK great, thank you!

Just got done with all my pre op stuff. Surgery is Jan 17. My surgeon told me she won't do my surgery unless I have someone to look after me and help me for at least the first 48 hours after being discharged. I have no one. I'm not exaggerating. My soon to be ex husband kept me totally isolated. I'm feeling so sad that I don't have a soul that will help me. I'll lie to her if I have to. Please don't judge. I'm a tough cookie. But it's just so heartbreaking that I am absolutely alone in this world.

BTW...How do you even make friends at 40?

Not sure if you found anyone but just hire a nurse or a housekeeper. Im sure it would be costly but for 2 or 3 days it may be worth if in case of an emergency.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

Just got done with all my pre op stuff. Surgery is Jan 17. My surgeon told me she won't do my surgery unless I have someone to look after me and help me for at least the first 48 hours after being discharged. I have no one. I'm not exaggerating. My soon to be ex husband kept me totally isolated. I'm feeling so sad that I don't have a soul that will help me. I'll lie to her if I have to. Please don't judge. I'm a tough cookie. But it's just so heartbreaking that I am absolutely alone in this world.

Hey lady, we care about you and we want you to be safe. So, I would like to suggest going to a church, salvation army, asking a clergyman, a nursing student, or you may need to hire someone on Care.com. Please don't sell yourself short by doing this without help for 48 hours. I pray you find someone honest and helpful during this time and that you can develop more friends. :)

Only a small stepping stone to help you get your surgery. Maybe there's someone on BP that's in your area who wouldn't mind helping you out temporarily. :) ^_^

Hey lady, we care about you and we want you to be safe. So, I would like to suggest going to a church, salvation army, asking a clergyman, a nursing student, or you may need to hire someone on Care.com. Please don't sell yourself short by doing this without help for 48 hours. I pray you find someone honest and helpful during this time and that you can develop more friends. :)

Only a small stepping stone to help you get your surgery. Maybe there's someone on BP that's in your area who wouldn't mind helping you out temporarily. :)^_^

Thank you so much. I am actually going to a church in my area for service on Sunday. I'll ask if they might have someone or know of someone low cost.

Only a small stepping stone to help you get your surgery. Maybe there's someone on BP that's in your area who wouldn't mind helping you out temporarily. :)^_^

Thank you so much. I am actually going to a church in my area for service on Sunday. I'll ask if they might have someone or know of someone low cost.

Amen! Give us an update once you have someone. And, keep us posted after surgery! :) B)

Your insurance company should have info about home health care that you can have for those 2 days. My insurance specifically asked if I'd need it or not and I just got approved. No surgery date yet

I know how hard this can be. It's been a while, but when I was going through the process pre-surgery, I was posting on fb that I needed help to get to the hospital and back and afterward. I felt very alone during that time. My daughter was 15 and she took care of me. I don't think she appreciated doing that at her age, but I really had no choice. I had many friends with busy lives and realized during that time that family is often most faithful to step up. All I can say is that you will figure out a solution, I don't know what it is yet, I see a lot of ideas in the posts above. How do you make friends at 40, you just do. I know people that make friends at 60. In my line of work I often help people to create those resources in their life as it is so important for them to have friends. Your life will change so much through this process that at some point you will have more friends. I suggest you get involved in the support groups as soon as possible as they are a great resource. If I can help you, please let me know, I am a therapist and help people to work through these issues all the time. Hang in there.

I know how hard this can be. It's been a while, but when I was going through the process pre-surgery, I was posting on fb that I needed help to get to the hospital and back and afterward. I felt very alone during that time. My daughter was 15 and she took care of me. I don't think she appreciated doing that at her age, but I really had no choice. I had many friends with busy lives and realized during that time that family is often most faithful to step up. All I can say is that you will figure out a solution, I don't know what it is yet, I see a lot of ideas in the posts above. How do you make friends at 40, you just do. I know people that make friends at 60. In my line of work I often help people to create those resources in their life as it is so important for them to have friends. Your life will change so much through this process that at some point you will have more friends. I suggest you get involved in the support groups as soon as possible as they are a great resource. If I can help you, please let me know, I am a therapist and help people to work through these issues all the time. Hang in there.

Thank you! I've hired someone to come look in on me for the first couple of days. I'm feeling pretty confident at this point that I'll do alright. Soon after surgery I'll attend the support groups. I'm very excited for that. I have also found a free yoga class in my area. As soon as my Dr clears me I'm joining!