Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does "comfortably full" no longer exist?

Pre-surgery I was a binger. I got comfort (or at least thought I did) from that full feeling.

I'm about 6 weeks out from RNY and no, I am NOT binging. But full sneaks up on me! I'll be eating some cheese and bam, I go from fine to ow, too much.

Is this the way it'll be going forward? I'm fine with it if it is... Just wondering if full, whatever full is (right now it's between 1-2 oz) is always going to be uncomfy.

it's different for different people. I don't really feel "full" the way I did before surgery. I just start feeling uncomfortable, and i know if I keep going I'm going to get sick. A lot of people suggest you weigh/measure everything and just go by that rather than waiting for a "full" feeling (well, unless you start feeling uncomfortable before what you measured out for yourself, of course...)

Edited by catwoman7

I found it really does depend on the type of food too. It was about 3 months out before I could say I knew what comfortable full felt like. And that was when I ate real food like fish. During the liquid and puree stages, i had to measure and pause a lot to evaluate how things felt. Remember to take your time with food and savor your bites. If you used to be a speed eater, it can be hard to break the habit. Put your spoon down between bites and do a fullness check before the next bite. You got this...and yes, it will start to feel normal in time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I don't have RNY I'm a sleever bu6 I never get comfort from being full now if I get full it is painful and uncomfortable. I'm almost 18 month post op.

I am also a sleever but am learning that the difference between full and oh my god I feel sick is one bite. So I'm having to really learn to eat slow and listen to my body.

sent from mobile device

Pre-surgery I was a binger. I got comfort (or at least thought I did) from that full feeling.

I'm about 6 weeks out from RNY and no, I am NOT binging. But full sneaks up on me! I'll be eating some cheese and bam, I go from fine to ow, too much.

Is this the way it'll be going forward? I'm fine with it if it is... Just wondering if full, whatever full is (right now it's between 1-2 oz) is always going to be uncomfy.

What does full feel like to you? Specifically, where do you feel it? I am 5 days post and never feel full or hungry. I do have constant cramps on both sides ( probably gas) but no full feeling in the middle like before surgery. Any input would be great. Good luck on your journey

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

It is rare for me to feel full ( banded 12/06). I more count on not being hungry. That is a big difference that took me years to learn. I feel like the surgery is there to guide you for a year or two, but if you don't heed the lessons, many cannot keep off their excess weight.

I wish all Wls people luck in 2017!!

What does full feel like to you? Specifically, where do you feel it? I am 5 days post and never feel full or hungry. I do have constant cramps on both sides ( probably gas) but no full feeling in the middle like before surgery. Any input would be great. Good luck on your journey

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

You won't feel fullness until you start eating more solid foods.