Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding a boyfriend/girlfriend on LBT?

If anyone lives in the Phoenix, Arizona area I know a great single guy that needs a lady friend. He is 31 years old, works for a reputable firm, is tall, handsome and is an all around nice guy. He just relocated from North Carolina last December. He loves to golf, go to concerts, and sports events, travel, loves dogs, cooks and does dishes, does his own laundry, is intelligent, comes from a well educated and kind family from the East Coast and would be a wonderful catch for someone just as nice. He wants to find a nice caring lady and wants to have children some day. As you probably guessed he is my son so I guess I am a little biased. So if you have any interest al all you can pm me and ----------oh, he is very tall 6"4" and weighs about 230 lbs., athletic build.

p.s. he would kill me if he knew I was doing this

Thanks,

shelli:ranger:

Shelli -

my parents just moved to Casa Grande - I'm coming out after the new year to visit!! :waytogo:

Shelli -

my parents just moved to Casa Grande - I'm coming out after the new year to visit!! :waytogo:

Cool! Remind me near that time and I will give you my son's email and and cell phone and you guys can meet! Or maybe you can start communicating thru email now - let me talk to my son this weekend and see what he thinks about this - okay?

shelli:ranger:

Wheetsin - Very cool! What finally brought you two together? Someone made a huge move!
We had to spend a lot of time talking about things to get to that point. We knew we really liked each other, and wanted to spend more time together, but also knew that wasn't going to happen with me in the US & him in Europe, seeing each other only twice, maybe three or four times a year if we could both get enough time off. We had to figure out what we wanted. It was too hard (the good-byes, not knowing when we'd see each other again), expensive, and lonely to keep at that "L" of a LDR much longer. We had agreed not to date other people, so that we could have a chance with each other, but didn't know what was next. Then we both hit a point where it was like... Ok, either we say "thanks for the fun, nice knowing you" and continue on with our lives, or we make a comittment to be together. One way or another, because what we're doing right now isn't going to cut it for much longer. Neither of us were ready to not have the other in our life, so someone had to move somewhere. I will still in college, he was done. He spoke English fluently, I was at maybe a 2nd grade with his language. His vocation was easily transferable to our workplace, mine was not there, etc.

So I worked 3 weeks ahead in school and flew out there to help him pack. While he was at work wrapping up there I would work on emptying out his townhouse. Then when I flew back home, he came with me.

We'll have our 10th anniversary in November. :waytogo:

sounds good! you can PM me his information if he's interested.

Okay! I see your band date is October 1st. Good Luck to you! I am only about 3 1/2 weeks out but I love my new band friend.

shelli

We had to spend a lot of time talking about things to get to that point. We knew we really liked each other, and wanted to spend more time together, but also knew that wasn't going to happen with me in the US & him in Europe, seeing each other only twice, maybe three or four times a year if we could both get enough time off. We had to figure out what we wanted. It was too hard (the good-byes, not knowing when we'd see each other again), expensive, and lonely to keep at that "L" of a LDR much longer. We had agreed not to date other people, so that we could have a chance with each other, but didn't know what was next. Then we both hit a point where it was like... Ok, either we say "thanks for the fun, nice knowing you" and continue on with our lives, or we make a comittment to be together. One way or another, because what we're doing right now isn't going to cut it for much longer. Neither of us were ready to not have the other in our life, so someone had to move somewhere. I will still in college, he was done. He spoke English fluently, I was at maybe a 2nd grade with his language. His vocation was easily transferable to our workplace, mine was not there, etc.

So I worked 3 weeks ahead in school and flew out there to help him pack. While he was at work wrapping up there I would work on emptying out his townhouse. Then when I flew back home, he came with me.

We'll have our 10th anniversary in November. :waytogo:

What a nice story!

Thats a great story.

That is a cool story - thanks for sharing.

A girl I used to work with met a man online from England. She was 17 and he was in his mid-20's. Some how it worked out that her parents let him come to visit :eek: and then let her go to visit him once she was 18. They were LD for about 5 years and then got married in England 2 years ago and he moved here.

They are still together and quite happy - trying to have a baby right now.

I met DH online, Mirc (remember that relic?). I lived in Wilmington, DE, USA. He lived in London, England. I am 6.5 years his senior and had 2 daughters from a previous marriage. We started out as friends and I even tried to help him win the heart of a girl there in the UK. But, long story short, we ended up falling for each other and are married happily for the last 9.5 years...with two more daughters added to our happy family :eek: So yes, true love can bloom on the internet!

Wow! And I am afraid to try to have a relationship with someone 100 miles from my town, where there are actually more single

people.

Wheetin, that is such a great story!

I met my husband online too. We both had blogspot blogs and he stumbled across mine one day just clicking through the "next blog" button. He kept coming back to read for a few months (apparently my life was interesting!) and eventually started leaving comments, so I then had access to his and started to read it also. After a while the comments became emails, which became MSN chat every spare moment we could make the time differences work and then he came here to Australia from the States to visit for 3 months. We were engaged before he left to go home. Shortly after his return he was granted a visa to come here (which was a few wees before my LB surgery) so we could be married and we have been married now for 3 months. While the move was hard for him, and he still gets very home sick, we knew that a love like ours is something worth making compromises for. I love the internet for introducing me to a wonderful man I would have never otherwise met half a world away!