Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I really hope you talk to your surgeon today. You could have done real damage to your sleeve by eating too soon. You could get food caught in your staple line which can cause abscess or ulcers. You need to take care of yourself! You are healing from a major surgery! You need to treat your stomach like a precious new born baby.

"Cheating" immediately post-op isn't like cheating on a diet. It's not an "oops, I'll do better tomorrow" situation. If you had knee surgery, would you be walking on it the very next day and then saying to yourself "it's okay, I'll just make sure to rest it tomorrow"? Your stomach needs to heal, just like your knee would need to heal.

Why did you have the surgery if you were not ready to do what you need to do to lose weight. Please follow the guidelines to avoid serious damage to your body. This is major surgery and you are not healed.

Please try and follow the program it will pay off. I had my surgery less than 90 days ago and I have lost almost 50 lbs. this is the happiest I have been in years. Hang in there. You can do this.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow... I can understand having cravings, but how on Earth are you able to eat solid food this soon? o_o I could barely even drink liquid. I wasn't able to eat anything solid for 5 weeks post-op. It seems that you were not truly ready to make this change. At this rate, you have nearly done this for nothing. This isn't a miracle procedure; it's a tool designed to help you make a life change. We aren't fussing at you. We are genuinely concerned for your safety. What you're doing is out of habit and emotional comfort. There is almost no way possible anyone can be this hungry 1 week post-op.

Keep us updated on what the ER says.

Throw out EVERYTHING that is not liquid. It is an actual DANGER to eat that way at this point. I hope you find a way to manage by the recommendation of your surgeon. Perhaps call a friend or family member over and confide in them and ask for help safeproofing your home and accountability. Go to the store and stock up on tasty foods that are appropriate for now. Best of luck & hang in there. You are the Only one with the power to make or break u

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. I really hope everything is alright with your sleeve and your staple line. I agree with others that you should turn to the love and support of others now to help get you through this. You had the surgery. There is no going back now. So you need to find your way forward. I hope that between your surgical team, primary care physician, some sort of professional counseling, and support from your loved ones, you can be successful long term.

It's not an easy process. All of us struggle along the way. It's figuring out how to handle that struggle and solve your problems that will get you through to the end.

You incision is not healed and you are still recovering from surgery. The liquid diet is a prescription not a suggestion.

Did you have any pre op education? Are you keeping a food diary? What exactly are you eating?

I was wondering the same exact thing. My bariatric team makes you jump thru hoops preparing you for life after surgery. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder what the heck? Also makes me thankful for the hoops :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

You incision is not healed and you are still recovering from surgery. The liquid diet is a prescription not a suggestion.

Did you have any pre op education? Are you keeping a food diary? What exactly are you eating?

I was wondering the same exact thing. My bariatric team makes you jump thru hoops preparing you for life after surgery. Sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder what the heck? Also makes me thankful for the hoops :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I had to jump through hoops and take two classes. I'm glad I have gone through this process as long as I have though. I know other hospitals only care about money and rush people through, and approve people clearly not ready or educated. I think it's a shame people aren't more informed and educated. This is a last resort tool. It's literally risking your life to be healthier! It's not a joke or to be taken lightly!

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

I'm not supposed to be eating. And I know that but I find it hard not to. I'm eating pretty much whatever.

So basically you decided that ignoring your doctor's instructions and eating a week after major surgery is OK and you came here to find people who agree? Great.

Your insurance paid for this surgery because you are morbidly obese. If you can't follow simple medical instructions to prevent serious post operative problems I m not going to waste my time on you.

But, before I BLOCK you, unless you are well bent on killing yourself I suggest you get some psychiatric counseling ASAP.

Does the hospital you had surgery at have a support group? Also try you surgeons office and dietician. Don't give up!

Support groups usually are conducted by the surgery practice itself. As SPowell suggests, attend. Also call the surgery practices at other nearby hospitals; if they have groups, go to them as well. The widest possible network will help. The time you go to meetngs is also time you can't eat things that are dangerous to you or, later on, just dumb to eat if you want to lose weight. (I've heard of only one idiotic surgery practice in the U.S. that doesn't welcome people from the competition.

I'm gonna go to the er and get checked out

Call your surgeon's office instead. They may tell you to come in so that they can look you over for signs of trouble. Let them decide if there's a reason to go to the ER when you call.

Dear lord that is terrifying. Now I'm scared for. How would I know if they are busted open? This really makes me think. I can't die I gotta family. 2 small children and a husband. I hate myself for this.

Sorry, my darling, you don't have time for the emotional wailing and self-pity. You have things to take care of....such as making the call to your surgeon's and not eating things you were told not to eat at this stage. By indulging your anxiety and whatever other emotional crap, you'll set yourself back further.

Speaking of anxiety and emotional crap, I don't know whether you've been diagnosed with anything. Consider working with a CBT practitioner who can help with food issues and -- don't pout or scream at me -- responsibility issues.

You're not a terrible or useless or stupid person. You are human. Think of this time as a time to grow and learn and take proper care of yourself. In short, to be adult.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I'm not supposed to be eating. And I know that but I find it hard not to. I'm eating pretty much whatever.

So basically you decided that ignoring your doctor's instructions and eating a week after major surgery is OK and you came here to find people who agree? Great.

Your insurance paid for this surgery because you are morbidly obese. If you can't follow simple medical instructions to prevent serious post operative problems I m not going to waste my time on you.

But, before I BLOCK you, unless you are well bent on killing yourself I suggest you get some psychiatric counseling ASAP.

I don't see anywhere where she was asking for validation. She is asking for advice and if you don't have any, move on. It isn't that hard to be polite. Try it. If you aren't going to "waste your time" then you should have just scrolled on and not wasted those very precious 2 minutes on your hateful and unnecessary post. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

ANYWAY---With that said......girl, call your surgeon and nutritionist. This is a very dangerous road you are walking. Not only will you NOT be successful in your weight loss journey but most importantly, you are risking your life for temporary satisfaction followed by (im sure) intense guilt. I am really surprised that you are tolerating this food. At a week out, I had trouble getting liquids in. Good luck honey, I will pray for you. Only a week or two more on liquids and then you have a lifetime of good foods. Believe it or not, your life of enjoying food is not over. There are many many YUMMY Bariatric friendly recipes on Pinterest.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gustavio