Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food funeral ????? ???? ???? ????

For self pays/ those that don't have to do a pre-op diet and those who have not begun their pre op diet. How are you enjoying your days before the big change? If at all?

I feel kind of guilty eating anything outside of low carb even though I won't have this luxury in a few weeks. It's becoming more obvious that I don't necessarily enjoy the types of foods I eat but am dependent and crave it. Makes me feel sad but even more so excited that I'll have a physical repellent to help me correct my eating habits.

I had a TOTAL food funeral. I was self pay and only had to do a liquid diet the day before surgery. I enjoyed everything without the guilt. By the time I was done, I was indeed done. I was ready. I got all the last minute craziness out of my system. I was sleeved on nov 29th. I am down 14lbs and still not missing all that I enjoyed in the weeks leading up to the surgery - including lots of pizza and ice cream. With the hunger hormone gone the cravings aren't there for me - this no doubt makes it easier. After surgery I had to reset my brain. That is the hardest, but the scale victories remind me that what I chose to do for me is exactly that.... for me, my journey ...and so far has been damn worth it! Do what's right for you under your doctors direction -of course!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am self pay but not likely to have surgery until Feb. So, I am not grocery shopping...just eating what's in the house up until I have to stop. I just hate to throw it away. Funny thing, my appetite has gone down since I made the decision to have surgery. Also eating healthier, since I am not eating out either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Hey Kila Rass,

I'm a self-pay patient, too. Yesterday was my last day to enjoy solid food for a while. It was explained to me that this high-Protein, pre-op diet is to shrink my liver, not to lose weight. My surgery is December 21st.......

I didn't have a food funeral. I definitely thought about it, but I didn't want to indulge in the same terrible eating practices that forced me to the point of surgery.

I am in mourning for my "drug of choice," however. To lift my spirits, I look at the outfits I will be wearing in 2017.

The only thing I had "special" on my last day of solid foods was a chicken biscuit Breakfast from Chik-Fil-A. Holy guacamole - I'm gonna miss those.

Sugar withdrawal is REAL. Caffeine withdrawal is REAL. If you're an addict like me, drink lots of Water and have approved OTC pain meds for headaches. I'm wicked tired and the headache is dull and constant.

Best to you!

No food funeral here. food isn't dead to me so no need to Celebrate or mourn it. When I decided to have surgery, I decided that I needed to get my head straight and that started with changing how I though about food.

I still enjoy it, I can eat almost anything I want, there was no reason to gorge on anything pre op and my decision worked out well for me.

:)

No food funeral. I lost 30 pounds pre-op and am so glad I did. That puts me 30 pounds closer to goal and still in the honeymoon phase.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

The great thing about y'alls responses is that whether you did a food funeral or not. It had no effect on your success lol

Edited by Kila Rass

I was self-pay. And no lie, I had food funerals for weeks. But the thrill of that was short lived. I don't crave anything right now that I'm post -op.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No food funeral here. food isn't dead to me so no need to Celebrate or mourn it. When I decided to have surgery, I decided that I needed to get my head straight and that started with changing how I though about food.

I still enjoy it, I can eat almost anything I want, there was no reason to gorge on anything pre op and my decision worked out well for me.

:)

do you occasionally mix in Alcohol? And do go about it with the same thought process? I'm Working on getting my head on straight and be faced with the right choices without that feeling like I'm on a diet..

Paul12677

No food funeral is necessary. Food didn't die.

No food funeral is necessary. Food didn't die.

My appetite is probably going to though lol

I'm not self pay but i look at things like this if a food funeral is what you needed to do for you congratulations ???? if that's your way of getting ????????????????????????????????out of your system .Just remember you now will have a tool assist you on new journey ...I wish you well on your WLS !

R4C????

The great thing about y'alls responses is that whether you did a food funeral or not. It had no effect on your success lol

SMH...

Well, that's one interpretation.

Good luck to you.

SMH...

Well, that's one interpretation.

Good luck to you.

What is this? Keep your negativity to yourself.