Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Encouragement and Reassurance.

Hey everybody!

So, I get sleeved tomorrow (Monday Dec. 12) and I'm starting to feel extremely anxious and almost nauseous. Is this normal?

Reading a lot of the forums and posts, everyone seems to be excited, but I'm just scared.

My surgeon hasn't had me do a 2 week pre-op diet, and I just feel so so scared to go under.

Can anyone share their experiences with pain and waking up or just general advice?

Thanks

I am with you mine is tomorrow I did have the pre op and was supposed to be sleeved on the 6th but did not lose enough to have it done, now 16lbs later I am going tomorrow. I have not been able to sleep busy work, I am staying busy laundry, cleaning and watching the snow. We can do this Just relax watch a good movie and know we ARE 1 day closer to a happier healthier lifestyle

Had procedure on 11/23. I was just like you, scared to death. I am a believer and have faith, but stll afraid, but kept on going. Got to hospital excited and afraid. As they called my name tears came down I wanted to run I found myself saying Lord I am in your hands help me at that time the anesthesiologist cam and gave me a dose of something to calm me down. Next thing I knew it I was in recovery. It was over! Now if a scary believer like me can give it to the Lord you can too. Trust and believe he will do the same for you. I will be praying for you. Best

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Had my sleeve Dec 5 and anxiety is normal. I texted my son in the middle of the night just to say I loved him and tell him where my life insurance policies could be located all why crying silent tears knowing these words could be my last to him if something failed. He came back with "Mom this procedure is a simple procedure and you are gonna be just fine." Still didn't make me feel any better but I got a good cry out right before surgery an guess what, he was right. Im now exactly 6 days out and I feel awesome. So glad I did t change my mind. I now have an awesome future to look forward to in a few months. Cant wait to meet my goal and put on a swim suit.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh yeah I too didn't have to do a two week pre op diet. Its because our BMI is not high enough to require it sweetie. You're gonna be just fine and you let us know when its over. Will say a prayer for you early in the morning.

As of tomorrow I am 5 weeks out from surgery. The day before my procedure I was so nervous and felt like I was on the verge of tears all day. The day of surgery I woke up feeling calm and excited. I knew this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Everyday is a learning experience as far as food is concerned. At 5 weeks out I am 30lbs down. I feel great. You will feel great too. Good luck with your surgery. Once tomorrow comes the time will fly. Please keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Oh yeah I too didn't have to do a two week pre op diet. Its because our BMI is not high enough to require it sweetie. You're gonna be just fine and you let us know when its over. Will say a prayer for you early in the morning.

As of tomorrow I am 5 weeks out from surgery. The day before my procedure I was so nervous and felt like I was on the verge of tears all day. The day of surgery I woke up feeling calm and excited. I knew this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Everyday is a learning experience as far as food is concerned. At 5 weeks out I am 30lbs down. I feel great. You will feel great too. Good luck with your surgery. Once tomorrow comes the time will fly. Please keep us posted.

I'll update as soon as I'm able to after surgery. thank you for your kind thoughts, i'm over here very teary and just thankful for this community.

Hey everybody!

So, I get sleeved tomorrow (Monday Dec. 12) and I'm starting to feel extremely anxious and almost nauseous. Is this normal?

Reading a lot of the forums and posts, everyone seems to be excited, but I'm just scared.

My surgeon hasn't had me do a 2 week pre-op diet, and I just feel so so scared to go under.

Can anyone share their experiences with pain and waking up or just general advice?

Thanks

Being nervous is normal for any type of surgery. Being dedicated to following your doctor's orders makes everything go a little smoother. My dr. does not have his patients do a preop diet either, as over the months before he has a program where we make changes and lose slowly. He told me it wasn't worth the stress for the patient beforehand as he can move the liver out of his,way easy enough. All doctors are different but just make sure you follow your doctor's orders to a T!! Keep busy today, if you love football, the games will keep you occupied until almost midnight tonight Go Cowboys!!!!

Congrats on your day tomorrow and I will send prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure all went well. I'm just a coup,e of weeks away from my surgery and feeeling totally scared. In fact the terror set in about a day after I got my date. It's been a long journey for me (over 6 months) so I know I am making the right decision it all the upcoming changes are scarey. I know I won't be able to sleep the night before and am hoping my doctor will give me some Ativan on my preop appointment next week. I, too, had no preop diet just a weight loss goal to achieve to be approved. And that's another thing that scares me but I'm trying to accept that the dr and his team knows best. Please keep us posted when you come out of surgery.

We were all excited yet afraid. It's only natural. But speaking for myself, my surgery on December 6th was a piece of cake. The pain wasn't as bad as I imagined and I've always thought I had a low tolerance for pain. It was uncomfortable while trying to maneuver in the bed and getting out of bed was painful--but to be expected. The only annoying part of the hospital stay for me was getting up EVERY 2 hrs to walk--No exceptions. It didn't matter whether it was 4am or 4pm. There was nothing worse than continually having to get up every 2 hours to walk the halls of the unit even though I knew it was for my own good. Good luck tomorrow. Keep in touch!

Edited by bodyslmmn

I was a mess. A single mom preparing wills and good bye letters. How do you say goodbye to your kid in a letter? I was crying off and on for the about 3 day before. The morning of I felt calmer. When they took me in I started to get overwhelmed and tears were coming. Next thing I knew I was waking up, it was over. I had a rough time coming out and a lot of pain especially when drinking. Today is day three and drinking is better. Still have some pain. Walking does help... a lot. Like others so glad I didn't change my mind. Although, :). Still have moments of what did I just do. I'm not taking as much pain pills so that's a good sign too. No nausea either.

Hi hun i was the same . I sent i love u messages to the family and allsorts. I had my opp dec7th. Wen i gt to the hospital i had a bit of anxiety and panic and they gave me something to calm me down but . I was about to change my mind to . But glad i didnt. Its been a long few days but it well worth it sweety xxx

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

So I believe that everything you are feeling is completely normal. It is a major milestone in your life.

The months and weeks leading up to my sleeve, I was so excited and maybe a tad nervous. At about 2 days before and I was a nervous wreck. Even burst into tears while in pre surgery.

You can always ask the doctors or anesthesiologist during this time for something to help relax you the day of.

Following the surgery, I woke up just fine. Of course there was pain but it varies from person to person. I had a friend that said he was hardly in any pain and stopped the pain meds a day or so later and others say they took longer. I took them for about two weeks, mostly when I moved around a lot.

Everyday you get strong and doing more things. For me one of the hardest things was the 2 weeks post op of just full liquids, it got old fast lol.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that this is helpful.

Keep us updated

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App