Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not enough protein shakes

Good morning. I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon and I am STARVING. Apparently I'm starving because I haven't been drinking enough Protein. I know we've beat this topic to death, but I swear I'm going to vomit if I drink another shake. I can't get 5 in a day. I hope it doesn't impact my surgery and I've been drinking sooo many fluids, but Protein shakes are breaking my heart.

Anyone else literally sick to their stomachs?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

have you tried some of the fruit flavored Protein drinks? I can't stand Isopure, but some really like it. I like the Syntrax nectar flavors. I got some tubes from Amazon to freeze Syntrax into ice pops, that changed it up from the other Protein stuff early on. I also read somewhere that you can make pudding out of most protein powders by putting 1/2 of the recommended milk or Water in. I haven't tried that, but it would be something to mix things up. :) Before you know it you'll be post-op and then onto pureed food and there'll be no looking back!

Hmm that's a really good idea. Thanks so much!! I'll check my local GNC to see if they carry anything of the sort.

I'm not one to normally say I'm starving bc I'm very fortunate and never have been, but this liquid diet has been tough, tough. My surgeon and the bariatric nurses I had to meet with post op yesterday assured me I wouldn't be hungry in a few days. I just would anything for a taco salad from my local Mexican restaurant!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@racefightforitit told me this in response to feeling in a fog and low grade irritating headaches: @@"Miss Impala" I'm having the same issues (started last Wed 12/1 for VSG surgery 12/21) my NUT said it is withdraw from the gluten and sugar-that is why the fog. Said "after surgery you will be surprised that you felt so bad all the time but didn't realize because was your normal". I hope so!

DS performed 11/28/16. SW/HW 380 lbs.

Edited by Miss Impala