Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best chewable and gummie vitamins?

Im glad someone touched on this. Taking my pills make me want to vomit everytime. I habe chewable Calcium and chewable Vitamins but is there chewable b Vitamins? If so where can I get?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using the BariatricPal App

post-299365-14815351576491_thumb.jpg

I take this chewable B12 and it tastes great. It's also very small, just in case you don't care for the flavour.

Nilla

I don't recommend Bariatric Advantage berry and the citrus or orange was worse. I take them late at night because they make me so nauseous

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I have had the same outcome with Bariatric Advantage. The chocolate calcium citrate tastes so bad, I just can't get those down. I purchased the full Multivitamin as well in orange and not too bad tasting but I remain sick for the rest of the day. I am struggling here even thinking about another vitamin/ sickness.... #green

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I don't recommend Bariatric Advantage berry and the citrus or orange was worse. I take them late at night because they make me so nauseous

I have had the same outcome with Bariatric Advantage. The chocolate Calcium Citrate tastes so bad, I just can't get those down. I purchased the full Multivitamin as well in orange and not too bad tasting but I remain sick for the rest of the day. I am struggling here even thinking about another vitamin/ sickness.... #green

Dr said they have pills I can switch to when these are gone

Some people mentioned the Vitamin Patches. You wear them for at least 8 hrs. I think I'm going to try those until I can handle the oral ones

I am going to have to try this route as well. I cannot handle po.

Post R&Y Dec 1.

Some people mentioned the vitamin patches. You wear them for at least 8 hrs. I think I'm going to try those until I can handle the oral ones

I am going to have to try this route as well. I cannot handle po.

Post R&Y Dec 1.

What about Vitamin B12? My Dr ordered the nasal form and my insurance does not cover that Med which is $400/ mo in price and I cannot afford that. I have called his office with no response from them over two weeks ago :(

He did not recommend any over the counter form of B12.... has anyone kept their levels up on the oral forms of B12?

Edited by horse.rider

What about Vitamin B12? My Dr ordered the nasal form and my insurance does not cover that Med which is $400/ mo in price and I cannot afford that. I have called his office with no response from them over two weeks ago :(

He did not recommend any over the counter form of B12.... has anyone kept their levels up on the oral forms of B12?

a lot of people take sublingual B12. I'm surprised your surgeon didn't give you that option. My sublinguals work great - too great. I've had to cut my dosage way down because my B12 level is now through the roof (over 2000)

I buy sublingual B12 from costco.It's about $10 for 3 months. My numbers are great. Almost all surgeons recommend sublingual B12. Why don't you start there and you can switch if you ever have an issue?

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

btw - we can't take regular tablets or capsules of B12 because we can't absorb them. But we CAN absorb sublinguals since they go through your skin (under your tongue) rather than your stomach. So that's why I'm surprised he didn't give you this option. Most surgeons do. And it's WAY cheaper than the nasal form (we can also do B12 injections - but the sublinguals are cheap and do work for most people)

I use the PatchMD, multi and B12. I was a little low on my Vitamin b, so I've added a B complex with thiamine in pill form but it isn't big.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

btw - we can't take regular tablets or capsules of B12 because we can't absorb them. But we CAN absorb sublinguals since they go through your skin (under your tongue) rather than your stomach. So that's why I'm surprised he didn't give you this option. Most surgeons do. And it's WAY cheaper than the nasal form (we can also do B12 injections - but the sublinguals are cheap and do work for most people)

I use Wellesse liquid B12. Hold under tongue 30 secs. Tastes good. Just started as I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out so not sure how well it works. Got it from this websites store.

Also I found Discount Cards at my doctors office for the NAscobal which is the nasal spray B12 for only a co-pay of $25. Go to the following website for more information: www.nascobalsavingscard.com