Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got approved yesterday. Surgery is set for Wednesday.

Looking for one piece of advice what would it be. And go.....

btw I've been researching weight loss surgery for 5 years and specifically the sleeve for a year but looking for the nitty gritty details. Tia

Excited ( slightly nervous) for the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Follow the eating plan given to you after surgery. So many people try to rush into real food. They always regret it. It takes 5 or 6 weeks for you to totally heal and the swelling in your stomach to go down. That staple line needs to close completely or you risk a leak which can be life threatening.

And get your Water in. Sip, sip, sip.

Good luck! I stuc stricctly to the doctor's plan and had no complications. I am grateful for that. I was a bit down, because Im not losing quicly. But reading the forum about how others are dng or did at the sae stage. I feel so mc better, now.

I was sleeved Nov 30th, my advice: it's going to be a rough few days after the surgery, you'll hurt, your mobility will be limited, and clear liquid really sucks, but I promise you, it will get better. You'll have regret, because nothing will seem to be worth the pain and the limitations you'll be experiencing, you'll think "I don't have to be feeling this, I opted for this!" And wonder what the heck you did, but I promise that it'll be worth it.

Tl;dr: It will get better ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good luck. I just advanced to regular diet (with restrictions) yesterday.

I would advise you to stick strictly to YOUR doctors plans. I didn't have any complications, but I was so weak I could barely get out of the chair. If I had made more effort to drink the required Water and Protein, I would have felt better and probably would have lost more weight.

Reading about others successes and problems has eased my mind considerably, I feel less isolated.

I wish you all the luck. Stay strong and on plan when it is the hardest!

Good luck. I just advanced to regular diet (with restrictions) yesterday.

I would advise you to stick strictly to YOUR doctors plans. I didn't have any complications, but I was so weak I could barely get out of the chair. If I had made more effort to drink the required Water and Protein, I would have felt better and probably would have lost more weight.

Reading about others successes and problems has eased my mind considerably, I feel less isolated.

I wish you all the luck. Stay strong and on plan when it is the hardest!

How long did the weakness last? Hope you are felling better now.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

The weakness lasted about 3 weeks. I was foolish and should have call the doctor. But I kept trying to drink the required Protein drink and liquids. I eventually got enough in to make me feel better. Now I am feeling fine and trying to stick strictly to the plan. Thanks for asking. I'm glad I found this forum I've learned alot