Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have gastric sleeve and then find out you were diagnosed with Lyme disease?

I was diagnosed with lyme disease, Babesia and bartonella. I am nervous if this is going to change anything.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I saw a post from a woman here who was diagnosed with Lyme disease that led to Bell'a palsy, I believe.

@@Aggiemae

Edited by Hammer_Down

I lyme's in 1986 but because I live on the west last I s sick for months before it was finally DXed. I was treated and recovered and never had any problems till a few weeks ago when I woke up with facial paralysis. It had nothing to do with the WLS I had on 10/23. About 12 years ago I considered the lap band but there were concerns that my immune system would react to a foreigner body. This was not a consideration of concern with the sleeve.

The post surgery high Protein diet improved my underlying autoimmune disorder. I am off narcotic pain medication for the first time in about 12 years. I did have to make some dietary adjustments, mainly adding good fats which might slow weight lose, but I don't think it has so far.

PLEASE do make sure your surgeon is aware of your full medical history before you have surgery.

Omg! Thank you for the replies. My surgeron isn't lyme literate by any stretch, but my LLMD saw it has a plus, during the detox, I can detox the colds and illnesses stored in the fat at the same time as the illnesses. That is the only reason I went through with it! Your words make me feel better. I hope to be off narcotics very soon as well, and be feeling better. Even able to exercise. I haven't been so far. @@Aggiemae are you still having symptoms? How long did it take you to feel better? Thank you!!!

I get symptoms but this was my only major flair nice 1985. After 3 weeks the Paralysis in my face is 90% better. I am pretty sure that it was the high lysine diet that helped the most.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for the info!