Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Leave it to me to put this out there in the VSG World... But I have to be honest and warn ppl.

SO yesterday I had 2 appointments one with the Psychologist and a Upper GI. Well of course I was told to remove all piercings so I did before I left home. Well I was away for 5 hours, that's it!!! I've had my girls pierced for 2 years.... So why was it hard for me to put them back in when I got home. I mean it took hours but I love my piercings so I was determined to get them in before I went to sleep and they close completely!

So to all my beautiful pierced ppl please learn from my mistake. Buy some plastic Jewelry to put in while having these types of procedures or I heard they can also cover it with tape. I hope this helps someone out, I know I wish I had this information before.

P.S. Don't mind the silly pic just something I found online

post-305408-0-77409300-1480433255_thumb.png

That was one of my biggest fears before surgery! I got mine pierced in may and was not about to take them out in fear that they would close before I could get them back in! Thank goodness my surgeon and the nurses were ok with me having plastic ones in!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I'm not pierced so I don't know much about it but it amazes me that after being pierced for two years that they tried to close up so quickly.

I'm not pierced so I don't know much about it but it amazes me that after being pierced for two years that they tried to close up so quickly.

It amazed me as well I had to google it... I was upset and in shock! But I got it in so it's okay now you maybe able to answer this. What happens when I get my EGD??? I'm waiting for this appointment and I'll be ready : )

Already made that mistake when I had my twins. Had to take them out before we went into the o.r. (it was an emergency) and they lost them. I want to get then redone but to go through that healing process again ????????

One day at a time

I hear you... I would neverrrr want to go through it again. So I don't want mine to close it took forever to heal but was almost closed within a few short hours.

So Leave it to me to put this out there in the VSG World... But I have to be honest and warn ppl.

SO yesterday I had 2 appointments one with the Psychologist and a Upper GI. Well of course I was told to remove all piercings so I did before I left home. Well I was away for 5 hours, that's it!!! I've had my girls pierced for 2 years.... So why was it hard for me to put them back in when I got home. I mean it took hours but I love my piercings so I was determined to get them in before I went to sleep and they close completely!

So to all my beautiful pierced ppl please learn from my mistake. Buy some plastic Jewelry to put in while having these types of procedures or I heard they can also cover it with tape. I hope this helps someone out, I know I wish I had this information before.

P.S. Don't mind the silly pic just something I found online

Wow.. For the GI I only took out my tongue ring. I was able to keep my nose and eyebrow piercings in. Good advice though for surgery day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Already made that mistake when I had my twins. Had to take them out before we went into the o.r. (it was an emergency) and they lost them. I want to get then redone but to go through that healing process again ????????

One day at a time

I had mine redone once and it is way worse the 2nd time!!

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App

@caramelgroove they told me no metal, but since they were taking a xray of that portion of my body I made sure to take them out. I didn't want anything zapping my Tatasss... lol

One day at a time

I had mine redone once and it is way worse the 2nd time!!

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App

No don't say that lol. Now I'm scared

One day at a time

it's not bad tho, the stuff you have to drink is Blahhhh but besides that it's easy. I'm worried about this EGD test.

You guys need to research what your boobs are going to look like after you lose the weight. It ain't pretty.

I have quite a few piercings, and I had no idea I needed to take them out for EKG. I told the doctors I would need a few minutes and some pliers (I have a couple of captive beads and 1/2" metal flares in my ears.)

I got a wide eyed stare when I requested tools to open and remove 5 of my piercings. They decided it probably wasn't a big deal to just do the EKG with the piercings in after all (including both nipples).

I don't have my tatas pierced but if they were I could avoid any xray trouble by throwing them up over my shoulders. ;)

I do have ten ear piercings, a few of which I have NO IDEA how to remove. EEEEEK!