Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 11/23

Finally updating 6 days post op because the first few days home from the hospital I was extremely tired and all I basically did was sleep in between sipping liquids and my Protein Shakes. Surprisingly, I wasn't even nervous going into the surgery. The only thing I was nervous about, was the possibility of my nose piercings closing lol, luckily they didn't The overnight stay in the hospital was alright, the staff were fantastic but the bed killed my back so I was very uncomfortable. The hospital volunteer guild gave flowers and a Thanksgiving card created by school children to patients which was really sweet. Happily I was discharged Thanksgiving afternoon, which was great because I was unsure about if my doctor would come in on a holiday. Also, before leaving my doctor gave me a 25oz purple water bottle and a big totebag with their office information on them. Anyways, I'm feeling pretty good now, I hardly have any pain, yesterday I accidentally leaned my bellybutton incision against the bathroom sink while washing my hands and that stung a little but mostly the incisions are starting to itch and the surgical glue is coming off, I was also able to take my regular daily pills since yesterday, Saturday I gagged them up, I haven't been ridiculously freezing yesterday like I was the couple days before which is fantastic because that sucked. I'm able to drink a lot more, not quite 64oz but getting there. My doctor has my new weeks starting each Friday and I can't wait until this Friday (week 2) so I can start having yogurt, applesauce, mashed potatoes and oatmeal instead of just 4 ounces of Protein shakes 3 times a day, Water, diluted juice, and chicken broth. Oh, and even though I've weighed myself, I'm going to wait a few more days to update because I want to be sure all the gas pumped into my abdomen is gone.

Patience and following the complete lifestyle change instructions are key to success.

HW: 288 SW: 268 CW: ?

Sent from my SamsungGalaxy using BariatricPal App

Could someone tell me if it's normal to be having what feels like hunger pangs so early after surgery? It started last night around 6pm and happened again today around 2pm. I'm drinking my liquids and Protein shakes like I'm suppose to. I don't know, maybe I'm just paranoid about something being wrong.

Patience and following the complete lifestyle change instructions are key to success. ????

HW: 288 SW: 268 CW: ?

Had mone 11/22 & I'm doing the... I think it's normal.. lets keep each other posted because we are close on date!! Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

Congrats to you as well :) I agree about keeping each other posted. Maybe it's from the swelling going down in our abdomen. I really have no idea...

I've lost 13lbs since my surgery last Wednesday and 33lbs altogether so far. I'm so excited ????

HW: 288 SW: 268 CW: 255

Patience and following the complete lifestyle change instructions are key to success. ????

Hi u all, i had surgery last wensday too, i lost 14 pounds, all im

Eating is chicken broth home made with veggies, kids eating veggies and im drinking broth helps and heals alot

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! Keep up the great progress!

Today I was able to start having applesauce, plain/light yogurt, mashed potatoes or low-sugar oatmeal. Starting with one teaspoon and work my way up to 2 tablespoons by next Friday. I loved applesauce before my surgery so that's what I started with this morning and my stomach did not agree with it at all. I had light yogurt for lunch & dinner and it hasn't bothered me at all. I hope at some point my stomach can tolerate applesauce better but in the meantime, I'm quite happy being able to have yogurt instead of just liquids :)