Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm only 1 week 6 days post op and I ate some soft food. I didn't do it because I was hungry, I did it because it was there. I feel terrible. I also ate a few Peanut Butter crackers. I chewed until it was liquid in my mouth, but I did it. I start purées on Tuesday after my 1st post op appointment. I'm afraid I may have damaged my sleeve or something. I already know I was wrong for eating so soon; I just want to know if there is anyone who made this huge mistake and still had success with their sleeve?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was authorized soft foods from day 8 on. I've been eating them for weeks. I haven't eaten crackers, still, even though I'm week 5. Crackers don't liquify in your mouth, and they have very sharp crumbs. I'd be super worried about them hurting my healing stomach so early out! Plus the carbs and sugar in them are not great for your new stomach. I'd definitely recommend following your doctor's orders, especially because it will greatly increase your chances of success. Right now is the "easy" part because you're just expected to drink Protein and liquids. The hard part comes when you add foods and get to play the guessing game with what your body will accept and what it will reject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Have you spoken to your surgeon about your food choice? Are you working with a counselor to figure out why you made such a dangerous choice while your body is healing?

food issues are hard to handle on our own because unlike an alcoholic or drug addict, we still have to eat.

I'm sure many successful people have made bad choices but I'd also bet they didn't make them often.

:)

Call your doc for use!

Best of luck to you. You can do this.

I agree, you should most definitely mention this to your surgeon. Then you should ask for a referral to a therapist. Talking to a qualified person has been a tremendous help for me.

As L.L. Said eating is a different type of addiction. We need to eat to survive AND thrive, unlike using drugs or alcohol. I had a raging alcoholic (mother) tell me for years that " I only needed to cut back to lose weight." My "cutting back" and a lifetime of emotional abuse got me to nearly 300 pounds! For the first time in my life I am taking care of me. I am only six weeks out, but feel very hopeful about the future. Best of luck to you and remember to take one stage at a time.

Thanks, I'm back on track. I have scheduled an appointment with a new therapist so I can walk through the process. I see the surgeon and nutritionist on Tuesday. I'll talk to them. It's definitely a lot harder mentally than I thought.

Thanks, I'm back on track. I have scheduled an appointment with a new therapist so I can walk through the process. I see the surgeon and nutritionist on Tuesday. I'll talk to them. It's definitely a lot harder mentally than I thought.

Good for you! Best of luck. You have the power, use it!