Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did everybody do today? I am 5 months out and I had few to many bites of stuff I shouldn't of ate. I feel bad and feel like I am probably going gain like 10 lbs but I hope not. I didn't over eat in one sitting I just took bites all day on different stuff .I hope my second Thanksgiving I will be stronger.

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App

I am 2 months out. Did good. For dinner had a slice of turkey, a spoonful of sweet potato casserole and one bite of mashed potatoes with a drop of gravy. No stuffing, looked at it longingly as it's my moms recipe (which my whole family thinks is the best). But I was strong for once. I was full. I got up from table and played with my grandson and great nephews to get away from temptation. But I think easy for me as my sister has Thanksgiving. I just did sides and pies (which I did not eat). You should be ok, just get back on track today. We all have those days. Don't beat yourself up over it. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm 3 months out, had a couple bites of everything (including dessert), paced myself and stopped when I got full. I did indulge in a bit too much wine though.

Don't beat yourself up too much, it's just one day

Edited by maquillage81

My first Thanksgiving was 6 weeks after being sleeved. It was a very careful affair....just some turkey and ham.

This was my second Thanksgiving. I enjoyed a bit of everything. My Sister absolutely throws down in the kitchen and conjured up recipes from Aunts and Grandmothers who have passed on. Every bite brought back great childhood memories.

A lot of food over the day. Glad to be back home and back to normal life. Hopped on my scale and all was on track.

Happy Holidays..I was sleeved November 9th..and I was impressed with myself...not much of appetite n my taste buds are not baxkvti normal so it made it so easy..I was so worried being so close to the holiday that I would hurt n fail and the same time???? But I had a small slice of turkey and 2 potatoes n 3 over cooked baby carrots...And I didn't feel deprived of anything...????

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 months out. I enjoyed a wonderful day with my family. It was so nice not to overeat on Thanksgiving for once. It helped that our hosts this year weren't great cooks I guess.

I availed myself to the charcuterie platter around 2 pm and enjoyed some humboldt fog, high quality brie, and salami. When we sat down to dinner I had what I eyeballed as a 2-3 oz serving of turkey white meat, and a couple of bites of a roasted sweet potato. I put everything else on my plate but it just didn't look so great so I didn't bother! Skipped dessert and took the extra time to run around with my nephews. Great holiday for me.

I did well. I had my normal Breakfast, our dinner was around 3. Half a turkey slice, 2 bites of stuffing and green bean casserole, 2 creamed onions (these are bite size onions) and at the end 1 bite of sweet potato. No one noticed or cared except my sister in law who pressed my parents for info. My parents know, but she doesn't since she's a nosey judgemental little thing. I lost a pound since yesterday, so I think it went well!

I'm 6 weeks out I ate a little to much. I tried a roll and it got stuck and it came right back up ever since I've been sick to my stomach

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

I am four months out. Did a spin class in the morning, then homemade smoothie. For dinner had about 2-3 oz of turkey and two bites of mashed potatoes. Also had some red wine and bite of ice cream cake. Felt like I indulged but was not overly full.

I had 2 dinners to attend. I just got cleared for solid food so I probably ate a bit more than I should've but it still only added up to a few ounces of food. At the time it felt like I was eating tons but in reality it was more like 1/2 slice of turkey, maybe a few tbs of green bean casserole, 2 bites of cornbread stuffing, a bit of gravy, and 1 tbs of rice across both meals. My one screw up was the gooey butter cake, I thought I could have just a bite but it's more of a slider and I ended up eating 1/2 a piece. I insisted a guest take that home so I wouldn't be tempted by it's evil gooey goodness again.

Hopped on the scale this morning and it was down 0.4 lb since yesterday so I guess I didn't overdo it too hard!

Edited by ella37

Stayed home with supportive hubby who didn't get any fatty food or beer. I made a healthy veggie casserole for us as well as a hash brown casserole for him. He made himself some gammon and I just ate a few small servings of casserole throughout the day as well as sugarfree chai tea with GENEPRO and almond milk. Sucks not participating in usual traditions, but avoiding what I KNOW will be a huge temptation is the best thing for me. Hope everyone had a happy Tgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think ONECE in a long while would be ok to do....I think our problems prior to WLS was we 365in a while indulged and that is what got us to where we were....I have also noticed we are all worried about bites whereas in the past it would of been plate fulls...I think we are all doing great....but need to get back to our new normal....just my 2 cents ...

thunder32

Sleeved 11/14. I skipped the meal entirely and stayed on plan instead. I'm ok with that. I'd rather be healthy and get thru this than risk any complications and end up in the hospital. I can have a good turkey meal later. Losing weight is way more important to me and I'm still on full liquids so there's no way I could even enjoy a meal right now. But I've lost 12 lbs since surgery so I'm cool with that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App