Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Stumbled across it while googling for answers.

I had the sleeve done on Wednesday the 16th

The issue I am having bad right now is pain. No matter how slow I drink, I am getting chest pains.

I didn't have pain like this while in the hospital (came home yesterday) it just started today. No matter how small of a drink I take, I get an achy dull pain in the center of my chest. It does pass but comes back sharper once in a while.

2 of my incisions are still pretty painful as well. It seems to hurt and burn when I sit up, shift positions or anything else like that.

Can anyone let me know if this is kinda normal?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Sounds like typical epigastric pain... are you on a PPI like protonix...some surgeons rx those for 30 days after surgery to handle gerd symptoms... you can try drinkibg various temperature of fluids... Sometimes this helps..it's very normal to feel this for awhile... I was on the pain meds for 1.5 weeks and you likely didn't feel it in the hospital due to the pain meds, tge hospital bed, the iv fluids and stuff

Pain at tge incisions is normal too. Look out for redness, drainage, odor, green puss, thick running puss, heat and fever... when they start healing, tgey itch like heck!!

Thanks! Puts me a little at ease to know it's pretty normal. No meds other than pain meds right now. After my 1 week postop appt. I have to start Pepcid and something for blood clots, plus the daily Vitamin requirements

Shes right. I was on, hell, actually, im still on pain meds....lol. i had triple surgery 7wks ago. Sleeve, gallbladder, and hernia, large hernia i was told. Never had a problem that i knew off but there it was. So im still hurting, but i also have really bad GERD. before and after surgery. But like she said, look for swelling, redness, for the incisions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi there. I hope your managing ok, I find that sitting up really straight and tall and taking deep breaths when your having the pain helps.

I'm 2 and a half weeks out and am not on pain meds but still get discomfort. Especially when drinking or trying to eat

I was told to start PPI like protonix right away for 3 months to help with gerd..never had it before but that was one effect of procedure, make sure you are sitting up drinking ( not leaning or slouched), room temp or warm worked better for me ( cold except Protein shakes) hurt for some reason..take it slow and she is right I'm 11 days post op and these glue stitches is itchy..ughhh???? But congrats on your journey to a healthier you☺

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I was prescribed 40gm prilosec for 3 months and told I can stop after that. For the most part never had an issue unless I eat something really different and even then so far have never dumped.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

My incision soreness and burning pain went away after I started using a maternity belly band (surgeon recommended). Or you can use some kind of simple girdle. It was like magic really. I'm assuming bec that area doesn't move around as much now. I started that one week post op and felt relief right away. Good luck!