Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down before surgery

Hey guys! I would like to ask if you guys felt down before surgery. I've being feeling down ocassionally. I'm just waiting for the health care plan approval and the surgery date. I don't know if is that I'm anxious or I'm scared about something. Is that normal??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you. I will keep trying to be busy

waiting for health care plan approval and surgery date

@@Polarbearwifey

sounds like you have the ""heeby jeebeys" :o

(2nd cousin to nerves)!! LOL

have you been waiting long for your approval??

waiting is a drag, but you don't have a choice

"God Grant Me Patience, Just Hurry Up About It"

hopefully you'll get a positive response shortly

keep bugging docs office about paperwork

make sure they sent it!!!

you asked, "Am I normal?"

hmmmm, can't speak to that ;)

good luck

kathy

Yes it's normal..I consider myself as a strong woman but on the eve of my surgery I woke up with a high heart beats...I dreamt that I was already in the operation room and about to hv it...then in my dream talking to myself n wondering why no one stopped me from having this surgery....I woke up so nervous but took a deep breath and reminded myself why I want to hv this surgery....I'm lucky that I recovered pretty fast, have no problem with eating and also started going to gym..good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

Yes it's normal..I consider myself as a strong woman but on the eve of my surgery I woke up with a high heart beats...I dreamt that I was already in the operation room and about to hv it...then in my dream talking to myself n wondering why no one stopped me from having this surgery....I woke up so nervous but took a deep breath and reminded myself why I want to hv this surgery....I'm lucky that I recovered pretty fast, have no problem with eating and also started going to gym..good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

Hi omg I had a similar dream!!! I was in the operating room and I told them to take care of me and to not overdue it on the anesthesia and to be gentle on my liver and other organs surrounding the area. And do not leave needles inside me!!!! Lol then I guess the anesthesia was not doing it for me. So they couldn't do the surgery!! I was bummed but I guess nervous! I have been feeling weird lately my surgery is next Tuesday and I am nervous/sacred at the same time, but then I stop and think i am doing this for my health!!

@@proudgrammy Lol about if I am normal?? I'm still asking myself that question. I've waiting not a whole lot of time but I heard they were doing surgery for patients in extremely overweight like in the "My 600 lbs life" so I was stress about it cause I thought there not gonna approve me. They did approve me but now I'm anxious cause they still have to call me for the surgery date.

And thank you all. You guys are really supportive

I was a bundle of nerves leading up to the surgery, knowing in my heart there was no way they would not approve me, but at the same time, concerned that they wouldn't I was cranky and irritable. I spent a lot of time worrying about whether or not I was making a mistake. 3 weeks post op and I already know it was no mistake!

I know. I finally got my surgery date but now I'm getting more nervous about things like is my husband gonna like me after this or I have to be like 3 hours per day at the gym every day after the first month?? Is my daughter gonna love me the same when she sees a new mommy..... Ah! Stressing

Some people are elated. I was feeling like this was something I had to do. I wouldn't have done it if there was another option. So I wasn't elated. I think it's normal to feel a little down, like some of the things you've always enjoyed will no longer be a part of your life. But I just kept reminding myself that the alternative is much, much worse. I squared by jaw and marched forward, and I'm so very glad I did.