Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling all December 2016 sleevers!

@@slaykay,

YAY!!!! I'm an official Sleevers now! WOW!!!! WOW!!!!! WooooowwwwWWWWW!

So 1st let me thank you all for your kind words of support & encouragement. I arrived at the hospital @9AM EST here in MD. The hospital staff was so nice, they got me checked in by 9:14 & @10AM I met with my intake nurse, she was okay, but as she explained she had not yet had her morning coffee...anyway. Shortly after meeting with her, I met my anesthesiologist who was really cool, and then my doc came in to ask if I was ready for show time. I said yes, and 2 hours later I was in the recovery room with my daughter staring at me like I was an alien. LOL! It was done, oh I forgot to mention I had a huge hernia that they had to repair first before the sleeve, this is why my procedure took longer. The first day of surgery I slept most of the day, but by nightfall I had gotten up, gave myself a wash up all by myself. And took my first stroll down the hospital corridor. It didn't hurt much at all,

The actual only pain I had was my throat being super soar, but other than that I have survived. I got up the next morning with some crazy chest pains, they did an EKG, my heart ❤️ is fine, it had to be the gas. They gave me Pepcid liquid form and pain killer, I started passing gas & it all went away. They let me come home early! Got home and my children came to visit. I opted not to stay at my daughter's because I was feeling so good. About 4 AM this morning I started puking my brains out. This brown liquid... ughhhh gross!!! I felt a bit dizzy and my tummy felt like I had just had a C Section. I hopped on the pain Med (OxyCodine liquid, and took the promethazine for upset stomach. I finally got back in bed, dosed off until 7:30 and am now on my meal routine (see attached). I feel good, taking it really easy & doing a ton of cat naps. I started out 267, at my preop I was 266, day of surgery weight was 257. I have had to change my eating & drinking habit, and it feels good!!! post-308387-14823345615077_thumb.jpg post-308387-14823346003348_thumb.jpg post-308387-14823346346121_thumb.jpg

I just finished my 3 rd walk for today, and then I feel another nap coming on. Best wishes to all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am experiencing the same thing. I do not know what it is. It feels like a lump but I am going to the hospital just to be sure! Praying you get better

Hello. I'm two weeks out feeling about 90% better than except the darn pain on my right side. I'm able to walk fine but still can't bend without pain. Now I have a cold with lots of coughing and sneezing. Fun times, not. Not only does it hurt but it also feels like somethings moving in there. Weird, huh. Anyone else have this. A bit worried about incisional hernia. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but any suggestions on how to help decrease the pain. Thanks so n advance.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Queenbx are you okay?

I am experiencing the same thing. I do not know what it is. It feels like a lump but I am going to the hospital just to be sure! Praying you get better

Hello. I'm two weeks out feeling about 90% better than except the darn pain on my right side. I'm able to walk fine but still can't bend without pain. Now I have a cold with lots of coughing and sneezing. Fun times, not. Not only does it hurt but it also feels like somethings moving in there. Weird, huh. Anyone else have this. A bit worried about incisional hernia. I'm sure I'm jumping the gun but any suggestions on how to help decrease the pain. Thanks so n advance.

I had to have an emergency hernia repair. They found it when they went in to do my sleeve surgery

You too. If you find out anything please post. Today seems a bit better hoping it continues to be uphill

Y U2. If you find anything out please post. Today seems better and hoping to be on the upswing of things

Hi everyone! Got my sleeve on the 19th so I'm day 3 post op I still have pain in my abdomen but I woke up yesterday and today with pain in my lower ankles does anyone know what could be the reason? I've been walking as recommended. I have trouble with the Protein it makes me nauseous but I'm enjoying apple juice. I'm 20 and I weigh about 267 pound. Would love insight and advice. Also I'm not very familiar with the app so forgive me if I'm using this forum incorrectly post-308200-14823789751863_thumb.jpg

Hi!! I got a conversion from the lapband to the sleeve on Dec 9th! He also fixed a large hiatal hernia and removed my gallbladder! I can tell you that this site helped me tremendously! My recovery has been not so fun, and at times I kept saying why'd I do this to myself! [emoji31] I felt as though someone jumbled up everything in my abdomen and threw it back in! Haha That feeling is definitely getting better! Following this liquids and then full liquids has been... for a lack of better words, tough! I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve where I can advance to a red mashed potato and oatmeal! I've never been so excited in my life!! I'm also 15 lbs down since surgery... yay!!

Please add me to group, or I'll try to find on computer tomorrow!! We are our best support! ☺

@@Dknal2 yes I am okay! Thank God for that, just a little stomach infection that had my insides swollen and making it hard to breathe. 2 rounds of antibiotic (mixed with anti-inflammatory meds) good as new! Thanks for asking!