Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to say this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I see all the food and junk food around me and i look at it and walk away. Is this sipping every 15 mins is hard. Also i feel i get full way to fast i cant take my medications.

I know exactly what you mean im 5 days post op. This is hands down the hardest thing i have ever done but i know it will be worth it. I cant wait for mashed potatoes. :)

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

I find it hard to takes meds too. Water is too filling. Only three days post op for me. I've really sad. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 8 weeks post-op it gets a bit easier. I was pretty depressed my first week, I was thinking what the heck have I done. And I cried over everything. But it will pass and as you start feeling better everything will to. And yes my first bite of mashed potatoes tasted soooo good. Today I actually get to start with solids do happy. But I did find that I still went to the soft foods. Best of luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I'm 15 days post op and the first week I thought I waz losing my mind. Really like straight up effn crazy. Plus I got out on Halloween so there was candy all over the place. Yes I did suck some chocolate which I know was wrong but like I posted in other topics, it's like going through withdrawal/detox/rehab all at once. I cried and was in pain and even regretted the surgery. BUT the 2nd week....and it gets better. I had some mashed potatoes and it was a life saver. Even a little Protein shake and it took the edge off. But today I went through my closet and holy sheet, I fit into stuff that I hadn't in like 2 years!....then this saying came ro mind, "Anything worth working for is worth having". I worked for this little bit and I have it. I know it will get better and I know I can do it. And SO CAN YOU!

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

Wow that quote was great!! I cant wait for it to get better. I so know what you mean with the losing your mind.

I did crew food and spit it out. I know it wasn't the right thing to do but I NEEDED TO. I am a food junkie. I am a recovering addict. So I needed to do what would get me by. I never swallowed or tried to eat anything but just the chewing and the flavor helped me. I am not suggesting this but letting you know how bad my addiction was/is and that we all struggle. It's alot at once. The pain, recovery, no food, freaking out over your decision...but it gets better. Just keep thinking of how hot you're guna be this summer and go buy a new bathing suit and hang it up so you see it every day! Inspiration!

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for sharing. I keep asking myself why but then like you said i will be able to wear a cute bathing suit. Something ive never ever done since i was a kid. Thanks again!!

I'm glad to hear others have cried and have been sad too. Only five days out of surgery and I feel awful. Good to know that it passes. I'm tired of crying and sulking.....and my family is too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App