Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 9th. Done! Wow!

I had the sleeve on Wed Nov 9th around 2:30. . I woke up from surgery feeling ok. That night I walked several times with the Rn and ate ice chips. I honestly felt it wasn't that bad. I felt fine! Everyone commented how well I was doing. I was thinking to myself " this isn't that bad..not like I've been reading about "

The next morning I got broth, Jello and crystal light for Breakfast and lunch. Drank/ ate it all with no problems. Had extremely dry mouth- that is what really bothered me. The dry mouth was horrible. No matter how much I drank it didn't go away.

I think the nausea patch contributed to that. I also was given dilaudid, toradol and another pain med.

Well I go home Thursday and OMG the pain in my right side is bad. It hurt in the hospital but not like this (guess those pain meds worked). I have been taking liquid pain med at home too. I'm walking outside a lot but have to hold my right side of stomach to even walk or transition from lying sitting to standing. I'm getting all my fluids in and 2 Protein shakes (ew the aftertaste is horrible)

They had some delicious packets of chicken broth in the hospital. It's called "herb ox granulated chicken bouillon" i ordered some from Amazon but it is the sodium free one and not good. Ordering more of the good kind now.

So , for those that had surgery, did you have pain in your right side? I also had a small hiatal hernia that he repaired.

When does this pain subside? Is the pain normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was on the 8th. I'm starting to feel slightly normal again. I just can't laugh or cough. I would say you're doing great because I couldn't eat everything and still can't

Where ever the biggest cut is, is where stomach was removed. Mine in right side center. Couldn't lay on right side due to being sensitive. It goes away. I am 2 months post op and for the last month or so I feel completely normal. Hot showers and heating pad helps with pain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Where ever the biggest cut is, is where stomach was removed. Mine in right side center. Couldn't lay on right side due to being sensitive. It goes away. I am 2 months post op and for the last month or so I feel completely normal. Hot showers and heating pad helps with pain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Funny, I think most people have the largest cut on the left side, I did. A nurse told me if your stomach was taken out of the right side it probably means your surgeon was left handed, I wonder if that is true? :)

I had the sleeve on Wed Nov 9th around 2:30. . I woke up from surgery feeling ok. That night I walked several times with the Rn and ate ice chips. I honestly felt it wasn't that bad. I felt fine! Everyone commented how well I was doing. I was thinking to myself " this isn't that bad..not like I've been reading about "

The next morning I got broth, Jello and crystal light for Breakfast and lunch. Drank/ ate it all with no problems. Had extremely dry mouth- that is what really bothered me. The dry mouth was horrible. No matter how much I drank it didn't go away.

I think the nausea patch contributed to that. I also was given dilaudid, toradol and another pain med.

Well I go home Thursday and OMG the pain in my right side is bad. It hurt in the hospital but not like this (guess those pain meds worked). I have been taking liquid pain med at home too. I'm walking outside a lot but have to hold my right side of stomach to even walk or transition from lying sitting to standing. I'm getting all my fluids in and 2 Protein shakes (ew the aftertaste is horrible)

They had some delicious packets of chicken broth in the hospital. It's called "herb ox granulated chicken bouillon" i ordered some from Amazon but it is the sodium free one and not good. Ordering more of the good kind now.

So , for those that had surgery, did you have pain in your right side? I also had a small hiatal hernia that he repaired.

When does this pain subside? Is the pain normal ?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You are me????..I had surgery 7:30on the 9th..not that many pain meds tho just at night before bed to help me sleep..right side pain is horrible especially if I get up wrong or too many steps (laundry)...

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App