Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Side note! If you guys haven't downloaded the app "Baritastic" to your phone. I a thousand times recommend it. It makes keeping track of your entire day incredibly easy also has an option to scan the barcode on the food your eating and automatically input it which is amazing for the Protein shakes. Also tracks your Water, calories, carbs, calories burned and has some recipes I wouldn't have found on my own! It made my journey home way easier.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's normal after being on an IV to retain fluids. Its purpose is to keep you hydrated while you can't drink.

The pain meds are likely wearing off and hence you are feeling more pain now. The surgeon has to cut through yhenabdominal wall to do the procedure, so it's understandable that there will be pain while the muscles heal up. That's why it's important not to lift and twist while you are in recovery.

The tool they use to size the sleeve is very precise, and it's unlikely the surgeon decided to use a bigger one. It's more likely that the pain medication is masking feeling in your stomache and making it seem as though it holds more than younexpected.

So glad I came across this thread, I was so worried I was messing up! Clear Liquids have been easy, and my Water intake is pretty good, yesterday was my first day trying Protein shakes and it made me soooo full, I couldn't even finish one throughout the whole day and it was just sooo sweet, yech. The stitch in the muscles aches the most and it's all so itchy. The gas is starting to pass, but I feel like I'll never go #2 again

Surgery date- 11/8/16, Height- 5'6", HW- 249, SW- 235, GW- 160

I can keep liquids down but the Protein shakes.... Man are they hard to take in. I take so long drinking them. Yay an inch is great!!

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

I had the same moment @@chiquiroxy did when I realized how much liquid I was actually able to consume.. honestly I didn't even give the Protein an honest try until day 3. I have to drink it in intervals. Since then I've been getting better everyday today I met my 70 protein goal about to hit 64 ounces of fluids as well as an hour and a half of physical activity. I feel exhausted and all I did was consume varying liquids all day lol. Good lord.

That's great I have no problem taking my liquids even Protein Shakes which has me wondering if my sleeve is thin enough . It I hope you fee better

Side note! If you guys haven't downloaded the app "Baritastic" to your phone. I a thousand times recommend it. It makes keeping track of your entire day incredibly easy also has an option to scan the barcode on the food your eating and automatically input it which is amazing for the Protein shakes. Also tracks your Water, calories, carbs, calories burned and has some recipes I wouldn't have found on my own! It made my journey home way easier.

I downloaded thanks let see how it is...

Oh my goodness....same here. I am 9 days out of surgery and I still feel bloated. Everyday I ask someone "why did I do this". The recovery is more difficult than I imagined. I know I'm supposed to drink fluids but I feel full all of the time. My dr said it's all normal, though. The adjustment to your new life after surgery seems more challenging than the procedure itself. But there is not one person I know who has had this or any weight loss surgery who says it was anything but the best decision the could have made for themselves!

sent from my rotary phone

surgery date: 11/2/2016

OMG I so agree. I was more worried about the sugery and realize now the surgery was the easy part! Post op is like food withdrawal, detox and rehab all at once. I keep saying never again but like hello...How could I do this again??? I will say I pulled out some clothes that were in the area of the closet called "save just in case i lose weight one day" and HOLY CRIPES the stuff fits! This is the first time I feel like maybe, just maybe I made the right decision. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done and I served in the Army for a long time. Probably because we have to face ourselves, and deal with ourselves with this surgery and that is the hardest thing to do.

Sleeved 10/28/16

SW 263

CW 237

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

So glad for you and I felt the same way I was so terrified about the surgery and it was the easy part but this recovery and liquid stage is the hardest but we will survive and at the it will so worth it I am glad for you and for myself

Same! I won't step on scale until first dr followup next Thurs. I can tell my plump belly is still swollen and full of fluids, which is the body's protect for these four weeks of healing.Patience, Dorothy, the Wizard will peal back the protective facade soon enough!

DuodenalSwitchMan(vlog on YT)

I felt like crap for a week and was also hungry. I'm just 19 days out and feel great. I walked 1/2 mile yesterday!

As for your scale. Give it to Goodwill and let it make someone else crazy.

I weighed as soon as I returned home from hospital the afternoon after my sleeve surgery.

I was 11 pounds HEAVIER than the morning I went in for surgery.

Crazy stuff.

It all flushed away over the next few days and then there was a near daily loss for a while.

Don't let the immediate post-op inflammation throw you for a loop.