Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering about the day before surgery.

I went to Mexico so I was traveling. When we finally settled in, I had some Soup and watched TV. Rather uneventful!

I had to stop eating at 8 PM the day before surgery and stop drinking at midnight. Other than that my surgeon didn't require anything special. I have no zen so nothing required on my own part there. I did take the day off work to make sure my bag was packed, the kitty litter was changed, took the dog to the boarding place, all that kind of stuff.

I was on an easy 3 day pre-op diet (just low fat, low carb) and couldn't eat or drink after midnight.

I did laundry and other chores around the house, packed, and took my 18 and 21 year old kids, who live with us, to Kroger and let them get frozen dinners, frozen pizza, and anything else they wanted to have on hand to eat. My husband loves to cook but works late often so they have options (or they can go out or they can eat leftovers......)

Other than that just the usual Sunday night TV, etc.

I did some weird stuff ,I knew in case of something going wrong my husband of 44 years would be lost!!

So I being the financial person in our house I made sure all bills were current,made a calendar with what has to be paid and on what day .

I wrote letters for my 2 daughters,4 grandchildren and my husband.!! Never wanting to leave anything unsaid!

In the letter to my husband I put a place for where specific Life insurance documents were in our house!!

Kinda getting things in order so to speak, I didn't think bad thoughts about surgery but I feel being prepared is always better.

I told my husband where the letters were and to take care of my girls and grandchild...

I went into surgery knowing I had made sure he could handle everything!!

Morbid???No just experienced a lot of losses as many as 8 family members in 1 year

and nothing is worse than grieving and not being prepared!!Anyway I couldn't drink after midnight so I set my alarm for 11:45 got up and drank my last diet pepsi!!

Good luck with your journey!!

Allie

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had planned to take the day off of work, but ended up working a 14 hour day. It definitely took my mind off of work, but I didn't get anything I wanted to get done in my real life. I ended up asking a friend to help with my apartment and to just vaccuum the living room. She cleaned my apartment top to bottom! It was a treat to come home to. Anyway....outside of work I did nothing special and was only ordered to not eat after 8 and not drink after 12.