Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone that's had the VSG have issues with lots of access skin???? What about loosing your booty??? Most of us hope to loose the most in our bellies of course we dont have an option.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Most people have excess skin, saggy boobs, and no booty after weight loss. It beats being obese. Some people have plastic surgery but I have zero desire for that.

Go to YouTube, search WLS, VSG, RNY and "skin flicks". You will see lots and lots and lots of people strip down to their undies and show your their droopy bellies, flapping arms, tube sock boobs, and flat rumps.

Exercising helps arms and legs a bit because you build muscle to fill the saggy skin some. I guess hard core exercise could help your butt some?

Everyone is different. Age and amount of weight lost and heredity and where you carried your weight are all factors that determine excess skin.

And no, we can't choose where to lose. Sadly,

Like @@laceemouse says there are a few dependent factors. How much weight you have to lose-- obviously if you have more than 100lbs to lose and you lose it rapidly-- theres no escaping it. Its just the reality of it. I for instance thought coming into this I planned to lose 110 lbs. where I am now... I'd be ok with 90 lbs goal.. I'm not going to try and stop it I will let my body lose until it stops on its own.

Your age-- if your in your 20's your skins elasticity is a lot greater than someone who is 62. So keep that in mind.

How you eat post op. Hitting Protein goals so that you don't lose muscle mass during the rapid weight loss period. Drinking 80-128 oz of Water will help keep you hydrated which keeps skin supple and using good moisturizers and firming lotions may help if only a little.

In terms of loose skin or "excess" skin I expect that I will have it. My mom will be having the surgery early next year and they had her do a Body fat composition scan. Which helped them to understand how much body fat she actually has vs, muscle vs Water etc. Just because you think you need to lose 100 lbs you may only have 75 lbs of excess fat. This will play a factor in how much excess skin you have.

Truthfully, I am trying to get over the shock of losing my butt. I had a donkey booty (I thought) and now its gone. Even compared to what it looked like the last time I was at this weight there is a difference. But the bright side of things I feel great, my health has significantly improved, I look 7 years younger, I look nice in my clothes I can wear smaller sizes (size 10 pants, Medium blouses). My energy levels are incredible . I'm finally living! I can begin to see a little loose skin in my thighs and my arms, my boobs a little less full but right now I'm not all that concerned.

I'm sure with another 40lbs to go there will be more. Right now I'm just focused on trying to make sure I get my Protein and perform proper exercises (strength training) to help offset some of it, as I am toning and building muscle. From what I understand within a few years our body catches up to the weight loss and things will all balance out. Just keep up with your protein intake and proper exercise throughout maintenance. Remember this is a lifestyle and I'm sure with ongoing fitness regimen your body can be transformed into something far greater.

Edited by Candygyrl

Yep I had excess skin. You cannot really predict if you will based on others' experiences though. It depends on your age, your health, elasticity of your skin, etc. Too many variables to predict. Chances are though, you will. I was able to get a Tummy Tuck and panni approved and covered by my insurance. I've been so thrilled with the results (pictures are in my profile and on my blog). I was denied for the skin on my arms, but honestly it's not bad and really bothers me more than anyone else. But it doesn't bother me nearly as much as being 140 pounds overweight did.

Like @@laceemouse says there are a few dependent factors. How much weight you have to lose-- obviously if you have more than 100lbs to lose and you lose it rapidly-- theres no escaping it. Its just the reality of it. I for instance thought coming into this I planned to lose 110 lbs. where I am now... I'd be ok with 90 lbs goal.. I'm not going to try and stop it I will let my body lose until it stops on its own.

Your age-- if your in your 20's your skins elasticity is a lot greater than someone who is 62. So keep that in mind.

How you eat post op. Hitting Protein goals so that you don't lose muscle mass during the rapid weight loss period. Drinking 80-128 oz of Water will help keep you hydrated which keeps skin supple and using good moisturizers and firming lotions may help if only a little.

In terms of loose skin or "excess" skin I expect that I will have it. My mom will be having the surgery early next year and they had her do a Body fat composition scan. Which helped them to understand how much body fat she actually has vs, muscle vs Water etc. Just because you think you need to lose 100 lbs you may only have 75 lbs of excess fat. This will play a factor in how much excess skin you have.

Truthfully, I am trying to get over the shock of losing my butt. I had a donkey booty (I thought) and now its gone. Even compared to what it looked like the last time I was at this weight there is a difference. But the bright side of things I feel great, my health has significantly improved, I look 7 years younger, I look nice in my clothes I can wear smaller sizes (size 10 pants, Medium blouses). My energy levels are incredible . I'm finally living! I can begin to see a little loose skin in my thighs and my arms, my boobs a little less full but right now I'm not all that concerned.

I'm sure with another 40lbs to go there will be more. Right now I'm just focused on trying to make sure I get my Protein and perform proper exercises (strength training) to help offset some of it, as I am toning and building muscle. From what I understand within a few years our body catches up to the weight loss and things will all balance out. Just keep up with your protein intake and proper exercise throughout maintenance. Remember this is a lifestyle and I'm sure with ongoing fitness regimen your body can be transformed into something far greater.

Thank you so much.... nooo I don't want to loose my booty lol but we can't choose where to loose the fat at ????. I'm 5'2 and started at 227 now at 208 and surgery is Monday I have about 60 pounds to loose I've been working to try to have less saggy skin... I guess we will see.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations, enjoy the new you. I can't wait till next month for my journey to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App