Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grocery-broth on sale-stock up?

I was at the store today and with Thanksgiving in a few weeks, I see lots of broth on sale. So, should I stock up for post surgical? If so, how much should I get?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Make sure its bone broth. That will give you the most benefit pre and post op

No maybe a can or 2 tops . you will be eating barely 2oz after surgery. I wasted hundreds of dollars being over prepared . and hated they way everything tasted so poured it out.

No maybe a can or 2 tops . you will be eating barely 2oz after surgery. I wasted hundreds of dollars being over prepared . and hated they way everything tasted so poured it out.

Agree. You have no idea what you might like or be able to tolerate from week to week. No need to stock up on the unknown.

I would agree not to buy a bunch of stuff beforehand because you just don't know how you'll respond to different things after the surgery; however, broth has been a staple for me from the first day home. (I don't have to drink it now, but I cook down my green Beans in 2 cups of Bone Broth and I eat 1 oz of green Beans three times per day.) I am buying it constantly, so if it were me, I would stock up on this one thing.

I'm a little against the grain on this, I guess but it was on sale here earlier this week and we stocked up. We're just finishing Clear liquids and going on full liquids tomorrow, but anything from the Clear Liquids phase is good for full liquids as well.

The caveat is that I really enjoy broth. I was a serious coffee drinker (truck driver) for many years, and gave it up a few months ago once I was set on the surgery. So A nice, salty cup of broth with some cayenne pepper added for zing is one of the most enjoyable parts of my pre and post op routine.

I fill a mug halfway and nuke it for a few mins, and broth stays good on the shelf for months or possibly years.

Is popcicles considered s clear liquid? ? Sorry for such random questions

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

On my plan, they are.

I didn't really drink broth. I used ProtiDiet creamy chicken and Tomato Soups because: 1) they have more Protein than broth, 2) were recommended/allowed by my surgeon even during my clear phase, and 3) taste pretty good.