Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

QUESTION? NEW HERE

When I called insurance to see if I was approved they gave me a date of Nov 16. Will that be my surgery date? I haven't had my final result visit with my surgeon

I just went through this this week Wednesday. In order to get the pre authorization they must give a tentative date to gain approval. This does not set the actual surgery date. My pre auth date was 11/7 and it so happened it worked out relatively close to the date given scheduled 11/9 for surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks. Same to you!! I am nervous anxious and praying, I have been working for this since March this year and finally getting everything lined up to go. I am down 16lbs on my own just so I could prove myself I can have self control. Keep me updated how things go.

I'm quite different I started Aug 16th, so this happened so fast for me. I'm so thankful to god you wouldn't believe how blessed I felt when I heard Approved today. Glory! Do you know if its a time frame after insurance approves your case that you have to have surgery??

According to my doctors staff you have 90 days from the approved "estimated" surgery date to have the procedure if after you will need another authorization

Congratulations!! Excited for you. I haven't heard from my Dr. Office since I found out about my approval. I want to call but I'm trying to be patient. Its been a week. Hoping to have an appointment date before the end of the week. Do you have full liquid for the next 2 weeks?

Where are you located?

Every insurance and surgeon is different. I started the whole process in early August and my surgery is next Monday. My surgeon only does a 3 day pre-op. Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations!! Excited for you. I haven't heard from my Dr. Office since I found out about my approval. I want to call but I'm trying to be patient. Its been a week. Hoping to have an appointment date before the end of the week. Do you have full liquid for the next 2 weeks?

Where are you located?

I am in Fl. I have to do 14 days liquid Protein prior to surgery. And scheduled for 11/9@1145 I am excited yet crazy nervous. Hopefully you hear from them by Friday if not I would call after 1 and ask what the next step you need to do is.

Hello! Finally I have a date for my result visit, it's Thursday. So I will have a date on Thursday. Good luck to you tomorrow, I will be praying for you!! Pls keep me posted so post as soon as you feel good enough so I will know you are okay. God bless

That is awesome!! Thank you. Yesterday was rough. My anxiety was very high but I honestly didn't even know what went on they gave me something to help with anxiety and I was K.O. Afterwards the pacu RN had difficulties getting my pain pump to work so my mom who is an ICU RN flipped out after I came off the elevator up to the floor and she could hear my cries before the doors had even opened. Once the charge nurse intervened and got my pain levels under control I am moving around and actually now not really needing the meds as much. I cannot stress walk walk walk. I am excited and just ready to go home. Keep me updated I will pray for you the Liq diet was brutal the first 3days once you overcome the head hunger it was a breeze. Cannot wait to share our journeys together in the near future.