Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok trying to stay positive, how long does it last. I'm almost 4 months out, and I notice I'm loosing more and more but when does it go back to normal? 6 months? a year?? I'm sick of picking up hair everywhere.

Mine fell out for many months (can't really remember how long exactly). I tried everything: Biotin, essential oils, coconut oil, and Hair loss shampoos.

What finally worked for me was I started taking a powdered marine collagen that I added to a bottle of Water everyday and my hair loss stopped by way more than half. I also started drinking a cup of bamboo tea every day (bamboo tea is high in silica and is great for skin, hair, and nails). This tea fixed the dryness and brittleness that my hair experienced and slowed the loss even more.

Good luck and hope your hair loss stops soon!!

About a year and a half ago, in a week's time, I went from having shoulder length hair to none at all, including my eyelashes and eyebrows. It was TERRIFYING. I had Hair loss before (diagnosed alopecia) but never that much, that fast.

Needless to say, I am freaking out at the idea of losing hair with this surgery. I don't ever want to have to regrow my hair through the mullet phase again, because that was rough. What helped me a lot (I refused shots from the derm, hair isn't worth 100 needles to the head) was Nioxin Shampoo and conditioner and scalp treatment, I believe I use #4. I also took a prenatal Vitamin because of the hair, skin, and nails benefits.

A volumizing shampoo and/or hairspray might also help, so that your hair appears fuller, even if it isn't. Try not putting your hair up or pulling on it too harshly, because that might loosen the already-offended hormone and then your hair might jump shift faster.

Everyone is different. Trial and error might be your best bet, but a lot of people I've talked to said that their hair loss is minor (compared to what it could be) and only noticed by the person losing the hair. Good luck! If I've learned anything this year though, it's that hair almost always grows back! :)

Mine fell out for many months (can't really remember how long exactly). I tried everything: Biotin, essential oils, coconut oil, and Hair loss shampoos.

What finally worked for me was I started taking a powdered marine collagen that I added to a bottle of Water everyday and my hair loss stopped by way more than half. I also started drinking a cup of bamboo tea every day (bamboo tea is high in silica and is great for skin, hair, and nails). This tea fixed the dryness and brittleness that my hair experienced and slowed the loss even more.

Good luck and hope your hair loss stops soon!!

Hi Glitter, what is the name of the water powder and brand tea you used?

I will be 4 mths out tomorrow and I just noticed a couple of days ago that I am shedding a lot more. Having fine, thin hair, sure hope it doesn't last long.

I started losing more hair a few weeks ago and its making me real self conscious :( I notice the thinning. my friend who had gastric bypass said she was losing hair for up to 10 months. if that's the case I wont have much hair in 6 months lol

I just bought a new Shampoo and conditioner called viviscal. I was also thinking about taking prenatal Vitamins as well because my hair was great when I was taking those during my pregnancy... I upped my Protein intake and im just praying something helps to slow it down... that's my only complaint about my journey

@@Ruby11 the brand of marine collagen that I use is Vedapure I ordered it from Amazon. I have also used some from a company called vitaglow and was very pleased with their product but it was twice as much and the Vedapure seemed to work as well.

The tea I also order from Amazon and the brand is Uncle Lee's bamboo tea bags. The taste is pretty good- similar to a green tea. I started noticing significant changes after taking both for about a month.

does the "Marine" taste in the powder?

I hate the fishy side to Omega 3 so don't want to drink something that's gonna have a fishy taste.

@@Ruby11 the brand of marine collagen that I use is Vedapure I ordered it from Amazon. I have also used some from a company called vitaglow and was very pleased with their product but it was twice as much and the Vedapure seemed to work as well.
The tea I also order from Amazon and the brand is Uncle Lee's bamboo tea bags. The taste is pretty good- similar to a green tea. I started noticing significant changes after taking both for about a month.

@Karine76. When I add a scoop of the powder to my Water I also add in some flavor drops like crystal light or orange crush packets and I can't taste it. I have even mixed it in my flavored propel water and can't taste it either.

I am sure if I just added it to plain water I would be able to detect the flavor of the powder

I started have my Hair loss at 8 weeks out. I panicked. It kept falling and falling. I started using nioxin and a hair Protein by morracan oil, hair repair treatment. Used about a month to 6 weeks. After four months of hair loss it just stopped one day. I starting using the items above about 6 weeks before it stopped. Not sure if it helped or if it was just time. Now I have all my hair back.

I always tease my hair for volume anyway and no one even noticed at all. I would tell them I was losing hair and they couldn't believe it. I could tell though. I lost some completely by my face, like I had a receding hairline, bald spots. It has all grown back.

It is VERY worth it and it will grow back. Just start loving your new body!!!

Don't use light bedsheets if possible. It's falling and there is nothing I can do about it besides drinking my Protein and taking my vitamins.. I will just ignore it until comes back and not being reminded every morning of the stands on my pillow case is less stressful than otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App