Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated 5 days after my sleeve

Even from veggies. They can get stuck in incisions and cause all kinds of problems. It's not stick to liquids because we're trying to be mean. It's so that your body has time to heal.

It's amazing the surgeons don't all scare us a bit so we don't eat the wrong stuff post-op! My surgeon has us on purees soon after surgery and I had to ask him about the safety of this, based on all I've read and heard. His patients haven't had any issues, but I think we should all listen to our own doctor's orders after surgery. I'd rather be safe then sorry. I think @@jenniferbook902 is fully aware or her mistake and I'm so glad she had no issues arise from it. I'm still pre-op, but I feel like I'm pretty well prepared (although many people post-op say they weren't nearly as prepared as they thought they were, even after significant preparation and research).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Hopefully nothing. I suggest to watch a video of how raw and swollen your stomach is. Then think about taking a nugget and rubbing it on an already inflamed, swollen and raw sleeve.

You chose to have this surgery, but it is worthless if you dont have to stick to your plan. Its a tool, not a miracle or magic wand.

Reevaluate, regroup and move forward to not eat like that for a very very long time.. Otherwise you will hurt yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for your response. I had no idea there was such a video! My dr told me "you have 4oz to work with, you go beyond your stomach explodes". Not that I don't understand the majorness of the surgery but I guess I needed more indept information. P.s. I just started eating the number 3 babyfood by gerber, is that ok? I don't want to be in pain or nlow up my stomach. Also I am petrified of throwing up. The only thing to come back so far was ice Water. I think I need a coach. Lol

Sent from my SCH-S968C using the BariatricPal App

Be careful about the #3 baby food...it may very well have chunks of food in i

I would like to remind all the newbies that you need to be firm with your families. If someone says here is a chicken nugget, say NO! If you know the family is going to a fast food place, stay home. Always drink a Protein Shake or Protein Bar while the family is eating fast food, so you won't be hungry. We all have to be strong to succeed. Your family may feel bad because they know you want to eat with them, but do not allow them to enable you. They will love us to death with food. Good luck everyone.

That is so true with family. In my family, food is love....hence my needing surgery. I had to sit down with them and really explain it to them. My hubby had a bypass shortly after me, so we are on the same page, but our family is having a hard time understanding it. Step by step I guess!

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

That is so true with family. In my family, food is love....hence my needing surgery. I had to sit down with them and really explain it to them. My hubby had a bypass shortly after me, so we are on the same page, but our family is having a hard time understanding it. Step by step I guess!

After surgery, you realize that every family function revolves around tons and tons of food. I see my young nieces with plates as full as two grown men should eat. Of course they are already overweight. Very overweight for their age. we go out to dinner, share a plate, and watch a crowd of friends gorging themselves. Funny thing is before surgery we never paid attention, and it is a SMH experience to watch the gorging. None of them want anything said to them about how much they are overeating but they are crying because they are fat. I say family functions especially can get you in trouble with your weight loss, so please try to make a conscious decision before you go, to stick to your guns and not Celebrate eating with the family.

Most of the time I bring my own food. Boy do they look at me funny. But it keeps me in check. I have no problem sticking to my guns. I just have to keep explaining why and what I am doing. I hope eventually it will stick in their heads. I have friends like that too. Their solution is to not invite me out to eat with them. I tell them it's fine...I can stick to my program. I will bring food to have if I can't find anything on the menu. I am in control. I can still enjoy the social interaction with them. People treat you differently post op. I am still getting used to it.

I sometimes drink a carton of Premier Protein before going out with friends to eat, then I order a cup of Soup, or just say I am not hungry and I talk and have coffee or a drink. I have not let the sleeve keep me from going out. My husband and I play Trivia and go listen to bands, concerts, but it helps us to eat before we go out. It just works for us.

Girl, that is not good!! I don't know how you could eat that much five days post surgery after what I'm reading. If you're doing that now, I'm worried about your future success. You might want to see a psychologist to help figure out what drives you to eat.

I have been thinking about surgery for 15 years but would never do the bypass. I backed out of the sleeve 2 years ago after meeting with the surgeon. I'm starting the process again to get the sleeve and I'm still scared. I plan on seeing a psychologist pre and post surgery to help me with what drives my food addiction.

As people say, this is a tool, not a cure. It's still up to you to make it successful. I know a lot of people that have gained all of their weight back post surgery.

I wish you the best on your journey.

happydance516

Reading this helped me a lot I was one of those people that tend to "Cheat" on a diet and reading this just drove home the seriousness of sleeve and how I cannot and will not cheat my way into the hospital or worse.

It's amazing the surgeons don't all scare us a bit so we don't eat the wrong stuff post-op! My surgeon has us on purees soon after surgery and I had to ask him about the safety of this, based on all I've read and heard. His patients haven't had any issues, but I think we should all listen to our own doctor's orders after surgery. I'd rather be safe then sorry. I think @@jenniferbook902 is fully aware or her mistake and I'm so glad she had no issues arise from it. I'm still pre-op, but I feel like I'm pretty well prepared (although many people post-op say they weren't nearly as prepared as they thought they were, even after significant preparation and research).

Thank you..I been doing good besides a bite of mash potatoes it's not easy I dont get my Proteins im at all

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App