Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have lost about 10lbs a month since surgery. That really doesn't seem like a lot. I am now in my 5th month and inches are gone for sure because I'm exercising but weight is definitely not melting off. Social media is killing me with all the online groups I'm connected to. I see pictures of svelt people and it just seems like I have such a long road. I know you aren't supposed to compare yourself but it feels like I'm doing this process wrong.

I know I need to drink more Water but that is s chore for me. I'm trying to do Shakeology the best I can.

Just frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have lost about 10lbs a month since surgery. That really doesn't seem like a lot. I am now in my 5th month and inches are gone for sure because I'm exercising but weight is definitely not melting off. Social media is killing me with all the online groups I'm connected to. I see pictures of svelt people and it just seems like I have such a long road. I know you aren't supposed to compare yourself but it feels like I'm doing this process wrong.

I know I need to drink more Water but that is s chore for me. I'm trying to do Shakeology the best I can.

Just frustrated

Why Shakeology? Is that approved by your program. My understanding is that it is high in carbs.

Getting enough Water and Protein is critical for weight loss and health. Since you are 5 months out you should be able to get most, if not all, of your Protein from food. How are you doing at getting in all of your protein?

What does your NUT advise?

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I'm on my own. I had surgery and my surgeon met with me once after and said my incisions look great and to exercise. Good luck. That's it. I had my surgery here in Scottsdale.

I haven't heard shakeology has a lot of carbs. I'm watching salt and sugars trying to learn foods. I eat Protein.

Hmmm... 10 lbs/month is 120 lbs in a year. I would say that you're doing very well. From what I researched, the first month many lose 20-30 lbs but after that it's 8 to 12 lbs per month. Of course it depends on a lot of things such as BMI, activity, what you eat... etc. You seem to be right on target.

I'm on my own. I had surgery and my surgeon met with me once after and said my incisions look great and to exercise. Good luck. That's it. I had my surgery here in Scottsdale.

I haven't heard shakeology has a lot of carbs. I'm watching salt and sugars trying to learn foods. I eat Protein.

Do you have a Protein target?

Mine is 100 grams a day. My surgeon's guidelines are: 100 grams a day for all men and anyone with a starting BMI of over 50. For all women with a starting BMI of under 50 the target is 80 grams.

Look at the label for your Shakeology. What does it say about protein, carbs, and sugar?

Wth? Your surgeon has seen u 1, and good luck? Girl, im 10 post op and my dr is the greatest. Ive heard so many people went home day after surgery, my dr, 1st day of surgery it was nothing by mouth, 2nd day, they took me to xray to do another upper gi to make sure no leakage, once he reviewed those, they bought me my 1st tray of liquids which consisted of 1oz med cups. You had to drink 1 of those every 15mins to get your fluids in and you still had the iv in. Got up to walk the evening of surgery and everytime i could. Day 2 they took the folly out so u could use the bathroom on your own. Day 3, it went to cream of wheat, Jello, pudding, juice.....day 4 home if youve tolerated everything so far. Gives you his cell phone number if theres any concerns, pains, or not keeping fluids down so that he can call over to the hospital to get a chair ready for you a iv. His entire office staff is just like that. They see you every 3wks to change you into each phase and weight check. Then it will go to every 3 months then every 6 months, then once a year. I cant think of anyone else id rather had my surgery with.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Thanks SAi for encouragement. I am not trying to whine but dang I see so many folks having a plan to go by because of continued support. That's why I joined shakeology. I needed some sort of plan. Problem being there are not any sleevers I've come across yet. I may need to start my own group.

My shake is carbs 17grams and 17grams of Protein. A lot of super fruits and veggies

This doesn't sound bariatric friendly at all.

If you must drink a Protein Shake, look for something like Premier Protein (30 grams protein).

If you google Bariatric Center of Excellence manual, you will find some examples of program manuals.

My shake is carbs 17grams and 17grams of Protein. A lot of super fruits and veggies

Way too many carbs. I'm sure that's the main reason that you're struggling. You should see about getting an appt with a nut. Most insurances will cover at least a few visits. Shakeology is not bariatric friendly. You need to be on a bariatric specific Protein. Then I suspect you'll see a ton of difference.

Not only was I just sleeved myself, but I'm a nurse for a bariatric doctor. One of the top 3 mistakes that people make are wrong shakes. Look up Syntrax Nectars. If you call, they have a first time sample pack for $15 and you get to try 15 flavors and they're really good. The second recommendation is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

Good luck!!!!

HW 427 SW 358

sleeved 10/12/16

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

post-295919-14768822484617_thumb.jpg post-295919-14768822704882_thumb.jpg post-295919-14768822953026_thumb.jpg