Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im out! and at day 4 :)

Hi Everyone,

How did all the Biactric beauties go in their first week post op?

I got home yesterday and was happy to be home :)

Please tell of your stories so i can see if we experienced something similar. I went in for the RnY but i came out with the Omega loop bypass.

At first i freeked out bc after researching in my hospital bed it was commonly called the mini bypass and i thought instantly oh no less weight loss!!!

My doctor assured me that the weight loss for both RnY and Omega are essentially the same and that he can not ell weather a patient has had one or the other until he checks their files so im ok with this.

He has also said there is less chance of bowl obstruction or twists but a slightly higher chance of reflux but worse case scenario he can do a very minor surgery to correct this. Also dumping is less apparent with the Omega loop im glad about that and i did not need a band to support my pouch and my pouch is a bit longer and has enough resistance alone without the band. All in all im ok with it.

Coming out of surgery in recovery was very bumpy for me and i wanted pain killers STAT. After that was sorted my pain leveled out quite quickly and althought they were giving me that oral morphine pill i felt that Panadol or Tylenol was enough as the hillbilly heroin was making me feel very sick and head floaty (im not sure how ppl become addicted to these pills they make me feel yuck).

So im on day 4 evening now and im basically pain free but feeling nauseous wen i eat and i am very very tired often. I think im doing ok but i am very aware of every feeling that happens to me.

I am getting over a liter of fluids in per day and seem to be reaching my 60g of Protein ok with the powder supplements and the Optifastshakes.

Im very interested to hear how everyone else went :)

Nin

Congratulations on your surgery. It will take a while for everything to return to something approaching normalcy. I think I was at the 6 month post-op mark when I reached my happy state and most of the problems were resolved. :) ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: B) ;-)

I came home the day after my surgery. Had really bad gas pains in my chest the day of my surgery and the day after gas X helped. I walked the halls alot. Now I'm just trying to get enough liquids. My incisions are ok I can also lay on my side kind of rrminds me when I had gallbladder surgery. Today is my 5th day post op and I'm feeling a little dizzy but not to bad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm also 5 days post op! Luckily for me, I haven't experienced any pain except for gas pains and when the doctor removed my drain from my abdomen! ( I nearly passed out for that one)!!! My days at home have been good, still getting adjusted to drinking all my fluids and trying to get more Protein in! But I also do feel really tired at times to the point where I can just sleep all day! Luckily for me I've been able to tolerate everything I've been drinking and eating.

My second day home I had an episode of where I got really hot, my heart rate spiked and I felt pale! It was very weird for me, I got scared and almost called rescue! First time I had felt that! Anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm also 5 days post op! Luckily for me, I haven't experienced any pain except for gas pains and when the doctor removed my drain from my abdomen! ( I nearly passed out for that one)!!! My days at home have been good, still getting adjusted to drinking all my fluids and trying to get more Protein in! But I also do feel really tired at times to the point where I can just sleep all day! Luckily for me I've been able to tolerate everything I've been drinking and eating.

My second day home I had an episode of where I got really hot, my heart rate spiked and I felt pale! It was very weird for me, I got scared and almost called rescue! First time I had felt that! Anyone else experienced this?

HI, I am glad you are doing well :)

Today i woke up and made myself a Optifast shake with a scoop of Protein Powder and i think i drank it too fast because..... oh my gosh i started feeling queasy and then i felt like i had to go to the bathroom because of pains in my intestines and then waves of heat and clammy sensation and just a feeling of hell came over me for about 20mins. I then got a bowel movement (sorry) and i felt like everything went thru me and i was left weak and had to lay down for an hour.

I think maybe this is dumping??? I am not 100% but it is the closest thing i have had to what you experienced. I so do not want to have to go through that many times at all.

Nin :)

I'm 18 days po and I'm feeling great! So over puréed food!! I had one night in hospital after surgery with very minimal pain. I think I had two doses of panadol when home.

I seem to not be able to tolerate Optifast anymore, I get very nauseous, so I'm drinking some Protein Water to boost Protein levels.

Also full cream milk gave me a mild case of dumping, won't be going there again !!

My loop is 1.75 metres long because I had a lower bmi. (38) (was previously 54 pre lapband 8 years ago)

Does any one else know the length of theirs??