Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@mallnut, "dumping" is a specific term that applies to bypass surgery. I've never heard it used in connection with sleeve and I understand that it doesn't apply. It has nothing at all to do with lapband. As I gather, it's got something to do with inability to digest sugars and some other things properly; because of the nature of the rewiring, they run through the system most unceremoniously. Don't take my word on the action as gospel, though.

8 weeks and u can eat that? I m 5 months out and I can't even dream to go close to it.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's interesting how easy it is to identify the people that are likely to be the WLS cautionary tale of the person who only lost 40 pounds after surgery and then regained it plus 20 more six months later, and say WLS "didn't work for me."

Wash that fried chicken down with some Coke, and then when your stomach has a little room, have a cookie. You got this.

Edited by PorkChopExpress

@@mallnut, "dumping" is a specific term that applies to bypass surgery. I've never heard it used in connection with sleeve and I understand that it doesn't apply. It has nothing at all to do with lapband. As I gather, it's got something to do with inability to digest sugars and some other things properly; because of the nature of the rewiring, they run through the system most unceremoniously. Don't take my word on the action as gospel, though.

Sleeved here. I dump.

It's interesting how easy it is to identify the people that are likely to be the WLS cautionary tale of the person who only lost 40 pounds after surgery and then regained it plus 20 more six months later, and say WLS "didn't work for me."

Wash that fried chicken down with some Coke, and then when your stomach has a little room, have a cookie. You got this.

You follow your plan, I will follow mine!!!!

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Agreeing. I am nearly five months out and I can't (nor would I) eat fried chicken, that portion of chicken or that whole plate.

8 weeks and u can eat that? I m 5 months out and I can't even dream to go close to it.

This!

???

Agreeing with you.

Agreeing. I am nearly five months out and I can't (nor would I) eat fried chicken, that portion of chicken or that whole plate.

Word of advice. Don't eat plates. Bad for the teeth.

lol no tacos, beer, bananas. Now I can't eat plates? I am nearly five months out don'tcha know?

Next you will be telling me that I can't have swedish fish!

Yes.. chicken is great. But fried chicken is death!! (ok. that's a little exaggerated)

Too much fried chicken IS death.

Sent from me to you!

I haven't eaten fried chicken in so long and I'm probably not to eat it all but imma enjoy thisattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476304317.608668.jpg

So yea I vomited not because it's fried but because chicken doesn't sit well yet I try it every way baked boiled leg thigh breast it's just not my friend yet 8 weeks post op and its still frustrating

Don't be an a*****e about it ur issue isn't my issue!!!! Fried chicken and ur over consumption of if may have forced u towards this journey but in my case it was me eating one meal a day and being inactive that brought me to my choice to have this surgery no high blood pressure no high cholesterol no diabetes it wasn't ever a suggestion to have surgery just something I thought was best for me.... and I have lost 25 of the 55 lbs and I wanted a piece of fried chicken!!!! I stay away from rice bread Pasta so I don't think it will sabotage my weight loss!!!! And I think those that come on here and judge are trolls!!!!!

So let me get all this straight. You ate a piece of FRIED chicken at eight weeks out and thought it was important enough of an event to post it. And not on your FB or your Insta, but on a WLS support board where many (most?) of us are here to support a healthier life style and encourage excellent choices pre op and absolutely during the healing/losing stages post op.

FRIED chicken made you vomit, people shared similar stories and gave you extremely valid advice to avoid FRIED, CARBY, FATTY foods like FRIED chicken (that YOU posted/ate/vomited for no clear reason at EIGHT WEEKS post op) and YOU are calling everyone else an "assh0le" and a "troll"!?!?!

Are you even reading what you're writing?

And wait. You decided to alter your body physically and permanently when really, you did not have real weight loss issues or co-morbidities in the first place?

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Yes. It all makes TOTAL sense. ;)

I'm honest about my journey I'm not perfect and won't pretend to be and the fact that I'm being judged by people who don't have it all figured out is baffling..... and everyone doesn't have the same issues that lead them to wls.... I haven't had fried anything in months so what's the big deal.... no where does it say NEVER on my plan!!!!! So I guess ur an expert that has it all figured out as well???? See I appreciate the suggestions on different was I can make chicken it's the ridicule the I can't stand!!!! Everyone is on this journey for many different reasons and I don't judge anyone even if I don't agree I know this is a learning process!!!!

I'm not judging your actions at all. It's your journey. That said, if you are going to bring up potentially dangerous or risky dietary decisions, you have to expect people to comment on them.

You choose to interpret how to read and more importantly, how to react to those comments.

I haven't eaten fried chicken in so long and I'm probably not to eat it all but imma enjoy thisattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476304317.608668.jpg

So yea I vomited not because it's fried but because chicken doesn't sit well yet I try it every way baked boiled leg thigh breast it's just not my friend yet 8 weeks post op and its still frustrating

Don't be an a*****e about it ur issue isn't my issue!!!! Fried chicken and ur over consumption of if may have forced u towards this journey but in my case it was me eating one meal a day and being inactive that brought me to my choice to have this surgery no high blood pressure no high cholesterol no diabetes it wasn't ever a suggestion to have surgery just something I thought was best for me.... and I have lost 25 of the 55 lbs and I wanted a piece of fried chicken!!!! I stay away from rice bread Pasta so I don't think it will sabotage my weight loss!!!! And I think those that come on here and judge are trolls!!!!!

So let me get all this straight. You ate a piece of FRIED chicken at eight weeks out and thought it was important enough of an event to post it. And not on your FB or your Insta, but on a WLS support board where many (most?) of us are here to support a healthier life style and encourage excellent choices pre op and absolutely during the healing/losing stages post op.

FRIED chicken made you vomit, people shared similar stories and gave you extremely valid advice to avoid FRIED, CARBY, FATTY foods like FRIED chicken (that YOU posted/ate/vomited for no clear reason at EIGHT WEEKS post op) and YOU are calling everyone else an "assh0le" and a "troll"!?!?!

Are you even reading what you're writing?

And wait. You decided to alter your body physically and permanently when really, you did not have real weight loss issues or co-morbidities in the first place?

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Yes. It all makes TOTAL sense. ;)

I'm honest about my journey I'm not perfect and won't pretend to be and the fact that I'm being judged by people who don't have it all figured out is baffling..... and everyone doesn't have the same issues that lead them to wls.... I haven't had fried anything in months so what's the big deal.... no where does it say NEVER on my plan!!!!! So I guess ur an expert that has it all figured out as well???? See I appreciate the suggestions on different was I can make chicken it's the ridicule the I can't stand!!!! Everyone is on this journey for many different reasons and I don't judge anyone even if I don't agree I know this is a learning process!!!!

Nobody is judging. Is what you want and if you post it here you have to accept that there will be different people with different opinions. I wouldn't eat it because:

1) I m scared of dumping

2) can't stomac that not even after 5 months

3) it will make me crave for more

But this is me.

Edited by catalina_uk

Ok I get it and I don't mind and I encourage that if u don't agree say u don't agree offer a better option.... but sarcasm and ridicule gives a negative feel and I will speak up because it's not right... we don't always do what's right all the time and i come on here looking for support from those that have been where I am and from those that r where I am.... there is a fine line between tuff love and abuse... psw 199 dos 196 cw 174 I think I'm headed in the right direction I was sleeved on 8/11 I am still learning... my toughest challenge is eating and drinking before weight loss surgery I would go a whole day without eating and I didn't drink Water... now I still struggle with eating making sure I eat but now only thing I drink is water... it's a process and I will make mistakes that doesn't make me a Troll or failure