Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me or do you feel cut off from society? I feel very awkward since my surgery. Isolated, sad, having a really really hard time sleeping? Sorry for the depression feed. Just wondering if I am the only one?

Heather

Sacramento CA

RYN 8/22/16

I'm sure you' re not the only one. Now you've got me worried, I feel that way waiting for my RnY, I don't mean to have the prospect be my defining moment, but I also feel cut off from "polite" society. Let's get thru this together, okay? Rosey Posey

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

After surgery as you lose weight and lose your fat cells, these cells not only release fat but also the hormones and chemicals that they store. Thus it is common for some individuals to get a hormone flush which can affect their mood. These hormones and chemicals are normally flushed through the kidneys and expelled in the urine. Thus it takes a lot of fluids to make this process work correctly.

So make sure you meet your daily Fluid requirements and then some.

Also as you transition from the weight loss phase into the maintenance phase, this hormone flush should ease up.

I'm sure you' re not the only one. Now you've got me worried, I feel that way waiting for my RnY, I don't mean to have the prospect be my defining moment, but I also feel cut off from "polite" society. Let's get thru this together, okay? Rosey Posey

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

Thank you Rosey

Heather

Sacramento CA

RYN 8/22/16

After surgery as you lose weight and lose your fat cells, these cells not only release fat but also the hormones and chemicals that they store. Thus it is common for some individuals to get a hormone flush which can affect their mood. These hormones and chemicals are normally flushed through the kidneys and expelled in the urine. Thus it takes a lot of fluids to make this process work correctly.

So make sure you meet your daily Fluid requirements and then some.

Also as you transition from the weight loss phase into the maintenance phase, this hormone flush should ease up.

Thank you Mr. Marusek,

I appreciate the help.

Heather

Sacramento CA

RYN 8/22/16

Oh no you aren't the only one. I have an amazingly supportive husband but still feel alone and "regretful" at times. I think it's pretty normal. I do see a therapist 1/wk and have for the past 3 years. She says it's normal.

Hey Heather- I live in Fairfield, we're close! If you ever care to meet up pm me I had the sleeve 9/12

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi heather! I am in Yuba City, so not too far away.

I havent felt isolated yet, mostly because my husband is really helping and i didnt hide my surgery from my coworkers. They are frequently checking up on me.

I am a smidge worried about mood swings from the hormone dumps because i am bipolar and already predisposed (hence the crying over ice cream in a previous post). You can always reach out to us here... but make sure that you are not excluding, accidently or on purpose, the people around you that can be your support.

HW 385 SW 359 Sleeved 10/5/16

Hi heather! I am in Yuba City, so not too far away.

I havent felt isolated yet, mostly because my husband is really helping and i didnt hide my surgery from my coworkers. They are frequently checking up on me.

I am a smidge worried about mood swings from the hormone dumps because i am bipolar and already predisposed (hence the crying over ice cream in a previous post). You can always reach out to us here... but make sure that you are not excluding, accidently or on purpose, the people around you that can be your support.

I have a sister in yuba, maybe next time I'm out that way we can meet up and have tea or something

Thank you also, I have opened up.to my husband and he's been helping me out a lot.

Heather

Sacramento CA

RYN 8/22/16

That woukd be great! Pm me and ill give you my number.

My husband is tentitively scheduled for 11/9. Its gonna be... interesting. Lol

I am 5 days post op and went out for the first time with friends last night. I felt a bit disconnected as well. As everyone else was eating I couldn't. I just said my tummy was not feeling too well because I haven't told my friends about the surgery.

In the future (especially when everyone can tell I'm losing weight) I think I will just explain that I am on such a great diet that I don't want to cheat. I will definitely still go have a glass of wine with them and eat some Tomato Soup or something that I can eat while they eat their meal.