Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BEST protien shake option

Has anyone tried Muscle Milk?- their chocolate is 20 grams Protein, 7 carbs, 100 calories- I absolutely love it!! As a matter of fact I am going to talk to my nutritionist about using this, rather than ensure extra protein for my pre surgical diet

So the premier Protein does not have whey in it and that is what makes it taste better? I can't stand that whey taste too over powering. I have had a hard time finding a good Protein Drink

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It does post-302253-14768896255982_thumb.jpg have whey in it, I'm not sure why it tastes better but it definitely does.. I love it!

Munky

Am I the only one who doesn't like Premier?? I have a multi pack from Amazon, tried the chocolate and thought yuck! I have vanilla and strawberry to try as well.

Nope. I think they're disgusting, overly sweet and nutritionally not as sound as many other (whey Protein isolate) choices. AND My nutritionist forbids them unless it's a dire emergency.

LISAMERGS, I would love to hear with your NUT prefers you to have, I am looking for something more nutritious and alternatives to Premier Protein. Thanks!

I like premier and my weight clinic has it as a top preference especially for diabetes like me but the nurse told me it often is to sweet tasting after surgery to some so she told me I should get unflavored whey isolate but I haven't done that yet. While I like premier, I'm quickly disliking it day in and day out on the pre. Op. I don't understand why @@LisaMergs nut says it's forbidden thought bc the stats on it are quite stellar 1 gram sugar, 5 Gran's carb 24 cuts and minerals, 30 grams in Protein etc..if that's all factual...wow!!! So I'm curious as to what the problem is.

Has anyone tried Muscle Milk?- their chocolate is 20 grams Protein, 7 carbs, 100 calories- I absolutely love it!! As a matter of fact I am going to talk to my nutritionist about using this, rather than ensure extra protein for my pre surgical diet

I've seen muscle milk at costco and it's cheaper then primer ...it is a option on my list but I noticed it said muscle milk light only.... I've heard at Mt support group some people like the taste, others don't! Figures!

I got a sample pack of Premier. It's ok. Still prefer Optifast. Looking at recipes with the Torani syrups or a bit of fruit to help them taste decent.

what optifast do you use? I don't think my place allows us to use it..not sure why! I just looked it up online and there are multiple optifast options but one tge optifast 800 weight loss shake only has 14 Protein. And out place says shakes muat have at least 20 grams if protein so maybe that's why or in looking at tge wrong optifast shake. So many weight loss centers have different requirements.. my place did give us a list and guidelines if we picked our own but it's strict.

I got a sample pack of Premier. It's ok. Still prefer Optifast. Looking at recipes with the Torani syrups or a bit of fruit to help them taste decent.

what Optifast do you use? I don't think my place allows us to use it..not sure why! I just looked it up online and there are multiple optifast options but one tge optifast 800 weight loss shake only has 14 Protein. And out place says shakes muat have at least 20 grams if Protein so maybe that's why or in looking at tge wrong optifast shake. So many weight loss centers have different requirements.. my place did give us a list and guidelines if we picked our own but it's strict.
Yes, it's the optifast 800. The reason I don't use it is there isn't enough protein. But I really prefer the taste.

Premier protien banana or chocolate. And sometimes I mix them but I have tried several others and this is by far the best shake out there get it from Sam's Club

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

one of my friends from my support group recommended mixing chocolate with banana or Carmel and blend with ice if u have a blender..she says it's soo good. I'm considering other flavors but leaning .ore toward unflavored whey Protein powder isolate by Isopure at this point. The sucralose in the premier and popsicles is tearing up my stomach and leaving a nasty taste in my mouth even though the actual shake isn't bad tasting to me

Am I the only one who doesn't like Premier?? I have a multi pack from Amazon, tried the chocolate and thought yuck! I have vanilla and strawberry to try as well.

Nope. I think they're disgusting, overly sweet and nutritionally not as sound as many other (whey Protein isolate) choices. AND My nutritionist forbids them unless it's a dire emergency.

What do you drink? I'm hoping to be able to get my Protein with food ASAP.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Premier?? I have a multi pack from amazon, tried the chocolate and thought yuck! I have vanilla and strawberry to try as well.

I haven't tried it yet but I was totally shocked that someone said Pure Protein was their favorite. I poured that nasty crap down the drain. To each their own I guess.

Sent from my LGLS992 using the BariatricPal App

What's your favorite right now?

My Protein drinks of choice are NOT milk based-

Syntrax nectar caribbean cooler is #1- not sweet, mixed with Water and I add a half scoop of unflavored powder to it as well to bolster the protein count.

Beyond that, I will drink any beverage and mix a scoop or scoop and a half of unflavored powder to it. Usually powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand.

On the go, ready to drink, I use Protein2O

This one has ZERO whey protein taste, refreshing flavors (love the lemonade) clean aftertaste and priced right with 15g protein.

I'm ALL about using Proteins that a body utilizes best-efficient and easily incorporated into the cellular structure of my make up.

There are too many crappy powders out there, and if people are not careful, can really mess up your weight loss goals.

So the premier Protein does not have whey in it and that is what makes it taste better? I can't stand that whey taste too over powering. I have had a hard time finding a good Protein Drink

It does attachicon.gif 2016-10-19 11.06.30.jpg have whey in it, I'm not sure why it tastes better but it definitely does.. I love it!

Munky

It has whey, yes, but when considering NITRITIONAL VALUE, it is third in line!!!! This MATTERS!!! Calcium casein Protein is a good protein if you need delayed absorption- like before bedtime or such.

In terms of Premier's ingredients, it DOES NOT list the PERCENTAGE of each of the three different Proteins it has- so the Whey Protein could easily, as the third type listed be anywhere from 33% down to .01% of the total protein.

That is a RISK I'm NOT willing to take with

my nutrition.

I've always used unjury (this is what's sold at my doctor's office). I like the chocolate, but I do NOT like the vanilla. I'm looking for a good tasting vanilla to use in low carb Mug Cake recipes. Great info on this thread, thank you!