Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cincinnati Bandsters

I actually thought it was Thursday. I can't believe i missed it, it is a requirement of my insurance company. Oh well, there is always next month.

I have been going to the Y at 5 am in the morning and getting the exercise out of the way. Seems to be working for me.

Take care

Christine

I actually thought it was Thursday. I can't believe i missed it, it is a requirement of my insurance company. Oh well, there is always next month.

I have been going to the Y at 5 am in the morning and getting the exercise out of the way. Seems to be working for me.

Take care

Christine

Wow! Five a.m.? That's fantastic! You didn't miss anything last night! Hopefully next month will be better!

~Portland

I just saw Dr. Curry for the 1st time - he mentioned in the presentation about the gastric sleeve procedure and it sounds pretty good to me.

Does anyone have any info about this procedure or know of any talk boards or sites I can visit. I am seriously considering going with this rather than the band.

Any advice????PLEASE:help::help::help:

Dr. Curry was my doctor! BEST doctor you can possibly ask for... the BEST clinic you can possibly go to :) you've made a very wise decision!

I was banded last December and have done very well! The surgery was a snap. He only took 20 minutes to even complete mine. He is a miracle worker and one of the most personable... caring doctors I've EVER encountered.

We have a support group meeting next month on the 11th :) let me know if you have any questions. Just send me a PM!!

--Brandi (in SE Indiana)

Hey Everyone,

I'm 17 years old! I had Dr. Curry for my surgeon!!!

He is great!!! His staff is very welcoming!!!

I am very happy that I had it done already!!

I have lost 14 lbs.!:whoo:

If you guys have any suggestions for me I would appreciate it!!!

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Chelsey

cremy,

congrats on your 14 lbs! I encourage you to read read read any threads that catch your eye. This website has been a godsend to me and I'm sure many others! Good luck to you.......

I was originally going to be banded by Dr. Curry. I went for an office visit and met him.

Now my husband switched jobs and if I have my surgury done at Middletown there is a good chance for more insurance coverage.

Anyone know anything about this?

Janelle

Hey Everybody,

I'm 17 and i live in McArthur ohio.

I had the band done 3 weeks ago today and i have lost 26 pounds!!

I'm so much happier with my self already!!!

I went to my first support meeting at Dr. Curry's office on saturday and i was the youngest one there which mad me feel good that I wanted to change my life this early!!!

I'm glad that i made this desion!!!:bounce:

Good Luck to everyone!!

Chelsey

Dr. Curry is my dr!

I will be having surgery December 27th. I've just met with him for my first visit, but have many friends who have used him and LOVE him. I'll let you know more later... :girl_hug:

I am just now reading this post.

Dr. Curry is my doc and is the best in the entire world.

He now is the only surgeon in Ohio to use the new band and is training surgeons and well is just fabulous.

I drive 12 hours round trip to see him when there are docs within 30 mins here but it's a nobrainer using him. He is the sweetest, kindest, most caring doc I've ever met other than my surgeon in Mexico and my pcp. Anyone who has him should consider themselves lucky to be under his care in mho.

I just love him and his staff and his new office is fabulous.

Congrats Cremy! I'm also from SE ohio.

I'm going to be banded by Dr. Curry on the 18th. I've been extremely impressed by him and his staff. The communication and customer service are excellent. That's very important to me.

There is also a gastric band surgeon in Cincinnati (Dr. John Mobley) who has had the surgery himself. You will love him. His wife is also banded as well as many members of their family. To say he is passionate about helping people lose weight with the band is an understatement to say the least.

He offers both bands as well (Allergan band and the new REALIZE band). His office is in West Chester, Ohio off of I-75 just north of I-275.

In addition to Cincinnati he sees a lot of patients from Dayton and Columbus as well. The nurses that help him do fills are also banded as well as all of the receptionists in the office.

His website is Synchrony Health :: Home. Click "Our Locations" and "Cincinnati, OH". If you travel, there are also Synchrony Health locations in Washington DC, Chicago and Seattle where you cand get fills.

He offers free initial consults and it would be worth it to visit with him.

Dr. Curry also offers the Realize band. (That's the one I'll be getting.) His wife is also banded and I think nearly everyone in his office is. Cincinnati is fortunate to have so many choices. In my region, there just aren't any I trust.

We know lots of band surgeons around the country. Where do you live? Maybe I can help you find a great band practice close by.

I live in southeast Ohio. Thanks, I appreciate the offer. It would be nice to not have such a distance to travel. But my date is set for next week. I have Anthem insurance, and it's not in-network everywhere. So perhaps next year when I have to start paying for my fills I might look a little closer to home. (Anthem doesn't cover them.)

I'm not at all nervous about the procedure. I really feel very confortable with Dr. Curry. I could go to Columbus which is 45 minutes for me, but I choose to go 3 hours away after doing research. I like that Dr. Curry is certified to train other doctors.

Again, thanks for checking though because when it comes time for fills, I'll be looking at price and gas a lot closer. ;)