Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the one food you cannot eat since bypass?

what is one food you can't eat since your bypass? ... Doesn't agree with you, gets stuck, makes you sick, hate it now, whatever, you just don't eat it anymore.

Despite the RNY being notorious for having a lot of "no-no" foods even well into maintenance phase, I haven't found many foods I cannot tolerate now (almost 14 months post-op). There is one food I miss and one that would be a good addition back into my diet that just refuses to sit well in my tummy: steak. I've tried everything; eating it with a sauce of some kind, chewing it beyond paste consistency until it basically disintegrates into my mouth, eating the most tender filet possible, etc. It seems my tummy will never again allow me to eat such a dense Protein. Oh well! Could be way, way worse! :)

I am 11 months out and still can't eat chicken. I just physically cannot. I get violently ill. I love chicken and miss it so much, but no matter how much sauce, brining, or marinating I do, it's still a no go. Same with pork. It's funny though because I live on a steady diet of beef Jerky and cheese sticks which I never would have eaten before or thought was a safe choice post op. LOL

I used to eat fish. I get nauseated just talking about it now.

It has been almost 3 years since having my bypass surgery and I still cannot eat anything pork I do not like the smell of pork either.

I was told in the beginning that this will pass but so far it has not.

I cannot do eggs either, just thinking about them makes me nauseous... crazy, I used to love eggs for Breakfast

Oh and creamy Soups...which is not the best for us anyways

Edited by UsernameTaken

Potatoes! It makes me sad because I love potatoes. Doesn't matter how they are prepared, they make me soo sick.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by webdwarf40

Cereal in milk .... I felt so yucky afterwards and will never touch it again. Sad because I miss cereal but it's still all worth it [emoji12]

i'm only a month out but milk makes me sick!!! anything made with milk yuck turns my tummy. but i would gladly give up milk to be able to have a better life

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Steak. Ground beef. Pork loin roast. Sometimes hard cooked eggs. Soft boiled are fine though.

Miss steak. Sooooooook much. None work. Yet. 7 mos po RNY.

chicken definitely dark meat is fine. White is iffy.

Did I mention I miss steak????

Anything else, if I can't tolerate it, pretty much don't care. Just the steak. Did I mention that!!???? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@LisaMergs. I'm only 6 weeks out and haven't tried steak yet. I soooo hope I can tolerate steak when the time comes. I'm really a carnivore at heart. I feel your pain!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I can no longer tolerate chicken, pork, beef or eggs. I tolerate fish and seafood very well but the rest are a no no. I'm entirely fine with it. Doesn't bother me one bit.

~~ LadyDarkness415 ~~

Beef..steak...even ground beef. It sits hard, uncomfortable and even the thought of it...I dunno why? I only like beef jerky...it goes down fine, I never really even liked it before surgery. Weird huh??

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App